glegolo

I humbly ask you guys if you have any info on how to practicly ship a motorbike

from Chaiyaphum up to Phayao via our post-office. What do they demand from

me????

If you have any ideas plse let me know,

All input is highly appreciated.

glegolo

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Show the ownership, provide a copy of it and copy ID.drain the tank of fuel.

To be safe and sure, check directly with the Post Office sending it as always things can vary.

thank you so much for your help, will do...

glegolo

On 6/7/2021 at 10:27 PM, CharlieH said:

Show the ownership, provide a copy of it and copy ID.drain the tank of fuel.

To be safe and sure, check directly with the Post Office sending it as always things can vary.

Yep,  it's possible some smaller post offices don't have the facilities to send a motor cycle or any larger items.

In such case ask your local PO which PO to contact, possibly there's a larger PO can handle this not so far away.

My Thai son did this several years back, initially contacted local small PO, they claimed there is no such service/never heard of it.

Friend advised him to contact the main (much larger) PO in CM, within an hour relevant staff came to his house, packed the moco and on it's way.

I'm not suggesting they have 'come to the house' service from every PO, maybe some do and some don't, I don't know, but not a big problem. 

• Like 1

I don't see anybody mentioning the bus.... I have in the past taken 3-4 Thai friends to load their bikes on a bus and ride the same bus... a couple times the friend only sent the mitorcy and didn't travel with it.... In these cases it was Pattaya to Korat or Udon Thani and the bike went same bus all the way and family went to meet the bus..... The last case they loaded the bike inside the lower passenger compartment thru the emergency door...... 

In either case it was excellent service  Korat about 6 hours and Udon about 15 hours.... I cannot say how the prices compare, however.... I should think near the same prices....

Depending to where in Thailand consider hiring a pick up truck which we did from Phetchabun to Rangsit 1500 same day enough to cover fuel and 500 in his pocket, believe he found a return trip at a local market in Rangsit back to Lomsak. could work out well! Some people are going gack to bangkok to work, so, ask around.

Edited by phetpeter