Pizza Company 2 For 1 Card

mallmagician

Hi,

Came across the Pizza Company 2-4-1 card yesterday at the magic club.

Is it as easy as going in and asking for one and paying 100baht? Or are these limited in number etc.

Do I need to "apply" with proof of name/address? Or can anyone walk in off the street for one?

Cheers

Phil

(The swines at Pizza Company never told me about this card - guess they make more money out of me if they keep it quiet! :o )

Yes they still do have these cards, but the price has gone up to Baht 199 and it would be advisable to take a thai with you, as it does require details to be given, but you may be lucky and get an employee who will fill out the form for you.

By the way no more 2 for 1 and a free garlic bread or wings now its just the pizza

After the last time a Thai friend dragged me to Pizza Company for the worst pizza ever -again - I swore it off. I have a policy now, called "You'd have to pay me twice to eat one of their pizzas."

I can tell you have eaten there too - agree with you on this. Soggy lump of bread with a scrape of tomoto like substance with a distinct taste of tin. A couple of bits that looked like they belong to the peperoni family and that was about it. I would much rather pay full price for a decent pizza than get a half price one from either Pizza Hut or Pizza Express.

CB

I quite like them there. Yeah, they're not the best, but choose the right toppings, and they satisfy my craving! Different strokes for different folks as they say. :o

Just been to Mae Jo branch to buy my 2-4-1 card.

This can be used Take Away only (No delivery).

Will come in useful Im sure, and is more than worth the 199 baht charge IMO.

:D

Phil

I quite like them there. Yeah, they're not the best, but choose the right toppings, and they satisfy my craving! Different strokes for different folks as they say. :o

Just been to Mae Jo branch to buy my 2-4-1 card.

This can be used Take Away only (No delivery).

Will come in useful Im sure, and is more than worth the 199 baht charge IMO.

:D

Phil

I always think to myself, these places are making money so obviously people like them so maybe it is me that is wrong not them.

Enjoy your pizza

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

In the U.S., Pizza Hut is considered to be just about the worst pizza you can get, but if you are in a hurry or are a young kid, it is not bad for the money. Pizza Company in a Thai copy of Pizza Hut.

In Thailand, it is better than about 95% of the crap pizzas that are available, and beggars can't be choosers.The Duke's is about the only place I know that has better pizzas, and for Thailand, they are brilliant!

Edited by Ulysses G.

I can tell you have eaten there too - agree with you on this. Soggy lump of bread with a scrape of tomoto like substance with a distinct taste of tin. A couple of bits that looked like they belong to the peperoni family and that was about it. I would much rather pay full price for a decent pizza than get a half price one from either Pizza Hut or Pizza Express.

CB

Surely you mean Pizza Company? I must say I would be in seventh heaven if Pizza Express opened up in Thailand. They make by far the best Pizzas in London and used to be a favourite standby when I was there.

CB

Surely you mean Pizza Company? I must say I would be in seventh heaven if Pizza Express opened up in Thailand. They make by far the best Pizzas in London and used to be a favourite standby when I was there.

Pizza Express? :o

Obviously, you have never had an Aussie pizza mate! :D

Pizza Company/Express- fogettaboutit!

I just make my own, from mostly Rimping market ingredients:

Buonissimo pizza bread

Italian tomato paste (just a schmeer, and no I'm not Yiddish)

hand-shredded mozzarella (usually DaCheso, but sometimes I step up and buy the real bufalo mozzarella)

Oregano (unless p1p cleaned out Rimping again; that's all right, I have the Mother Lode stash of oregano now!)

Red Pepper flakes ('cause I'm a flake)

Either Anchovies (I scored the FIENDISHLY EXPENSIVE French ones in the clamp-top glass jar; I think their price can only be justified by young nubile Sorbonne undergraduate filles personally deboning them with their eyebrow tweezers...)

OR some marvelous German-style cured sausage.

Pop in toaster oven. Wash down with ice cold amber beverage. Repeat 3 times (or so).

:o

Edited by mcgriffith

CB

Umm sorry about that Chief - would you believe I meant to write Pizza Company

Darn cone of silence

CB

Darn cone of silence

CB

No problems - Its just a frequent bellyache of 'er inside that we can't get Pizza Express pizzas here. So seing the company mentioned in the thread brought a brief burst of saliva before I realised it was a typo.

Peter Boizot, the founder of Pizza Express is/was a Neopolitan immigrant to London and his pizzas were based on some of the very best available in that city. He was kind enough to let me have his recipes many years ago, conditional on my not making them for profit during his lifetime. Family and friends enjoy them though, when I can get off my butt to do them.

DSCF0085.jpg

My little Pizza oven and BBQ

Darn cone of silence

CB

No problems - Its just a frequent bellyache of 'er inside that we can't get Pizza Express pizzas here. So seing the company mentioned in the thread brought a brief burst of saliva before I realised it was a typo.

Peter Boizot, the founder of Pizza Express is/was a Neopolitan immigrant to London and his pizzas were based on some of the very best available in that city. He was kind enough to let me have his recipes many years ago, conditional on my not making them for profit during his lifetime. Family and friends enjoy them though, when I can get off my butt to do them.

DSCF0085.jpg

My little Pizza oven and BBQ

Amazing - I have to make do with a single burner stove and two pots - makes it hard to do a decent pizza with that lot. I did get pizza in Turkey with had goat meat and other stuff on it. The pizza was made on a slab of rock laying on the ground. Underneath it was a fire. The women cooking it flung the unlevened bread mix on the rock so that it was a sort of tear drop shape. Then then added the meat, tomato etc and then twisted it into a kind of falafel roll. Eaten with a mint/yoghurt mix it was very nice. Everyone else kept telling me I would die of food poisoning but never had a problem.

Wood fired pizza ovens are brilliant but a lot of work unless you make a pile of pizzas etc on a regular basis.

CB

Hey Guys, didn't mean to pull it too off topic with the poo-pooing of pizza co. It's just not for me, and I was being 2-for-1 clever. I've read the thread on pizzas before and seen that Phil is a pizza co fan. More power to you, my friend, you and the Thais can be satisfied as you wish all over the country. I've also seen the Italian pizza vs American pizza, vs Aussie pizza talk. To each his own again.

But for those of you who bake, I just found this amazing, amazing baking and Farang supply store down in Nong Hoi just past the Texaco, south of the Super Hwy intersection. It's crazy big and has things in quantities and for prices that Tesco and Rimping can't touch. They sell everything from commercial and European ovens, to jams and jellies, to over 100 kinds of baking pans and cake molds, real whisks and stainless bowls, bulk bay leaves- must be like 300 leaves for 100 baht !! think of the soups, stews, etc you can make with that. They've got paprika, instant roll croissant dough, big bags of oats and raisins for like 85 baht - no need to buy a brand name for your breakfast needs ! I need to post this on its own thread, I know, but I offer it first here. The place is super clean and to western standards, just built. Trouble is they only have a sign in Thai. I advised them they need to have one in English ASAP. This could be the new instant wonder for Chiang Mai food and kitchen needs. Again, it's just past the Texaco, and it's a big new building on the left. If you read Thai or go shopping with the missus, it's called Pheuan Krua - 'Kitchen Friend.' Id be happy to hear other people found it and went nuts in there like I did. Good luck.

And back to topic, yeah, plenty of stuff in there to make any shape or size pizza you like from scratch !

But for those of you who bake, I just found this amazing, amazing baking and Farang supply store down in Nong Hoi just past the Texaco, south of the Super Hwy intersection.

Isn't Nong Hoi out in the Mae Sa valley of HWY1096 (the road that has the snake farm, Elephant camp etc?)

Please send map with directions - if it is out there I am going to need a cut lunch to make it

CB

But for those of you who bake, I just found this amazing, amazing baking and Farang supply store down in Nong Hoi just past the Texaco, south of the Super Hwy intersection.

Isn't Nong Hoi out in the Mae Sa valley of HWY1096 (the road that has the snake farm, Elephant camp etc?)

Please send map with directions - if it is out there I am going to need a cut lunch to make it

CB

Nong Hoi is the part of town by the river where the Westin/Sheraton/Holiday Inn/XXX hotel and Rachawej Hospital is. The Old Lampun Road with the magnificent old gum trees.

Follow the old Lampun road out, going towards Sansai. Cross Mahidol road by the Siriwatana estate and continue on about 500 meters. It is just past the petrol station, before the turning to the police station. I have posted about this place a couple of times before.

I've not read much of this thread but the Pizza Company did have a promotion going on about one month ago that included a two for one pizza deal. It has since been expired. Maybe these cards were part of the deal.

I'm also a Pizza Company fan(you can order your pizza's online which is cool) and I must say I'm hoping they get a new promotion deal going on soon. There current deal is a free Dairy Queen Ice Cream when you order a pizza, etc. It's not a bad deal but I can't seem to keep up with the ice cream. Currently my fridge has 7 of these Ice Creams in it. At the pace of been going at I should consider turning my apartment into a Dairy Queen :o

Thanks P1P for the directions to everyone, maybe send a link to your thread on this if there is one.

I give directions in Thai now too, so I never say Mahidol road anymore. I describe it: The Nong Hoi intersection is the one on the CM-Lamphun road - the one with all the giant old trees- heading south of the city. Where it hits the SuperHwy, there are lots of giant clam shells etc decorating the underpasses (Nong Hoi = shell/ clam swamp or something to that effect). You cross the Superhwy, Adventure Hotel on your right (big squid on marquee as per it's aquatic theme room... another topic) then it is about 1/2 k down on your left. It is quite a bit before the 7-11 and Top Charoen Optical. If you get down there, you've gone too far. And again, it's almost immediately after the Texaco gas station - you will see the star int he circle for them quite easily. The next big modern shopfront is Pheuan Krua.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pizza company has some good deals outside the card as well. But if your going to get a large done your way... best get the card and have two for the price of one. Its for take away only... meaning you cant eat the pizza there and NOT for delivery as well. SO if your shopping at airport plaza or working out at wow and want to pack on some of the fat you just worked off. This is the card you want.

I love pizza, Dukes, Paradise, pizza hut, pizza company... I haven't met a pizza I didn't like (except some of the pizzas that load the crust with some sausage or pizza with sea food *this is just wrong*)

Edited by swain