New garage roof - Looking to make a new one

StarJedi

On 6/8/2021 at 7:24 AM, StarJedi said:

I am looking for somebody reliable to make a garage roof.

I'm not clear what you want exactly. Is the steel frame already there, including the upright supports, and you only want the semi-transparent plastic roofing material installed, or do you want the whole structure plus roof built from scratch? If it's the latter, my builder might be interested, but he wouldn't be interested in just installing some plastic roofing material.

I'm planning to do something similar. One suggestion is to walk around your MooBaan (if indeed you live in a village similar to the picture) and ask the owners. In our MooBaan there are many, some look like they were thrown together by unskilled boobs and som truly are beautiful and match the design of the house. Find one you like and ask. But this is a standard element in Thailand and just about any contractor can handle something of the sort. 

1 hour ago, tonray said:

I'm planning to do something similar. One suggestion is to walk around your MooBaan (if indeed you live in a village similar to the picture) and ask the owners. In our MooBaan there are many, some look like they were thrown together by unskilled boobs and som truly are beautiful and match the design of the house. Find one you like and ask. But this is a standard element in Thailand and just about any contractor can handle something of the sort. 

ask the owners.

Excellent answer.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

• 4 weeks later...

There's a metal shop on Soi Nern Plab Wan that I've used to make/install a nice drive in gate, maybe show the boss the photo or actual structure to get a price quote. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9285087,100.9321656,3a,75y,245.19h,82.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGSF-OTuecEi8y4OldFpkAg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The shop is closed Sundays and some days when they are away doing jobs, the boss's speaks some English but not a lot and he isn't there most days, so unless you speak a good deal of Thai you'll need a translator.

Edited by bbko