Driver has called twice today telling Thai GF a COD is on the way

earlinclaifornia

Its a common Scam... 

I started this thread (below) about the issue... some people didn’t want to accept that it is an actual scam.

The scam became far more widely known in April when ’sex toys’ were being sent out as part of the CoD scam.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/woman-warns-of-paying-cash-on-delivery-after-being-scammed

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't realize it was a scam but should have guessed. We had one the other day, 500 baht.  I just paid it because I assumed the wife ordered it. It was some crappy bum bag type thing that I know full well costs around 150 baht at any market. Sneaky buggers probably trick quite a few people!

This happened to me once. I was expecting something prepaid like about 3000฿ worth and the delivery guy calls and says 50฿ COD. I figured they forgot the shipping charge or something and I didn't want to reorder, so the misses went down to pay. 

Of course my other item had already been delivered to the office so she paid the 50฿ which turned out to be two cheap hand towels that I didn't order. Never again!

Of course the misses still thinks I accidentally ordered them even though I showed her my order history. Whatever you say, honey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frantick said:

This happened to me once. I was expecting something prepaid like about 3000฿ worth and the delivery guy calls and says 50฿ COD. I figured they forgot the shipping charge or something and I didn't want to reorder, so the misses went down to pay. 

Of course my other item had already been delivered to the office so she paid the 50฿ which turned out to be two cheap hand towels that I didn't order. Never again!

Of course the misses still thinks I accidentally ordered them even though I showed her my order history. Whatever you say, honey.

can you pm me your address? I have some old, holey underwear my wife's been after me to get rid of. ????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, fakser said:

What is COD?

A codpiece (from Middle English: cod, meaning "scrotum") is a covering flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers, enclosing the genital area.

cod.jpg

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:25 AM, canthai55 said:

A codpiece (from Middle English: cod, meaning "scrotum") is a covering flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers, enclosing the genital area.

cod.jpg

Now I got it.... The 1st time I read the thread I understood someone called to say the OP's GF is a COD. 555555

My wife fell for the scam. I ordered a mechanical keyboard through Shopee, from a reseller in China.  But decided to cancel the order before it was dispatched as I found a better deal elsewhere.  However the details of the order were somehow leaked to a scammer a few weeks later. The wife got a call from the courier for a keyboard from a Bangkok seller for COD for exactly the same amount as the one I had cancelled. She assumed it was mine and paid for it. When I got home I opened it and inside there was a cheap nasty $5 keyboard. Shopee didnt wanna know even though someone is leaking their data. I tracked down the actual sender of the package on the labels to a an address in Bangkok with a Line ID. I suspect they are not the scammer but were fulfilling a drop ship order from the scammer. I sent a message to the original seller in China and the Bangkok shipper saying they are involved in this scam and I would report to the police and Shopee. To my surprise they agreed to take it back and refund me the full amount. So I returned the crappy keyboard using Kerry's COD service and got a full refund. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:25 AM, canthai55 said:

flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers

My buddy said his dad did this in the 70's with a rolled up sock. Stuffed it in his jeans, then proudly strutted around in bars and clubs. Said it actually worked.