Covid 19 AZ vaccination

ray666

It should be possible for you to do the same thing at your local hospital or vac centre. The age make no difference except the type of vaccine they give you. Over 60years AZ  under Sinovac. I have a non O visa. They did not look at the visa. Just took passport number.

28 minutes ago, ray666 said:

Emdog, what difference does that make ? Strange question.

Not at all. Posts like yours mean very little to the many that have tried their hospitals and had no success. The couple of success stories that I have read have been up country. The info @Emdog and also @grain is of interest.

Your OP without that info is pretty much useless.

• Thanks 1

Yes , I started it, Maybe it was a bad idea. I was just telling people how easy it was. Most things in Thailand are really hard work. Too many forms to fill in and so on. I could not believe it my self so I thought I would share the information.

F ,, it I won`t bother . Bye

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not at all. Posts like yours mean very little to the many that have tried their hospitals and had no success. The couple of success stories that I have read have been up country. The info @Emdog and also @grain is of interest.

Just shaking my head at this post and all the others criticizing the people who actually got the shot and are trying to inform others. Meanwhile, you are defending the "Thai's can't do anything right" crowd that contribute absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.  Like the OP said, you people need to get a life.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Penefattore said:

That article could very easily have read... Thai Woman Dies 15 mins After Taking Migraine Medication. 

Which is accurate, but perhaps not as sensationalist....  This is how the media hysteria is generated and dumb people only read the tile, paraphrase that title in the minds, tell their friends 'the covid vaccine killed a lady’ !!!

.... and before we know it... more people refuse the vaccine and more people die from Covid-19.... 

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Just shaking my head at this post and all the others criticizing the people who actually got the shot and are trying to inform others. Meanwhile, you are defending the tinfoil hat and "Thai's can't do anything right" crowd that contribute absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.  Like the OP said, you people need to get a life.

Thank you man. These people just want to complain

Said people

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ray666 said:

Yes , I started it, Maybe it was a bad idea. I was just telling people how easy it was. Most things in Thailand are really hard work. Too many forms to fill in and so on. I could not believe it my self so I thought I would share the information.

F ,, it I won`t bother . Bye

It helps....   Please post your info in this thread linked below. 

Sheryl is moderating it and deleting the comments from D!<K he@ds trying to push their anti-covid-vac agenda....   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I was vaccinated at Med Park Hospital Bangkok. Saw other westerners there.

Wife was vaccinated at Emporium, saw other westerners there.

Info submitted on Sheryl’s thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was vaccinated at Med Park Hospital Bangkok. Saw other westerners there.

Wife was vaccinated at Emporium, saw other westerners there.

Info submitted on Sheryl’s thread. 

Some of you people are really sad. Get a life. If you don`t like it here go home.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ray666 said:

Here's the difference - If you got the jab so easily in Surin city I will drive 15 minutes to get it there myself.

But, if you got it in the metropolis of Bangkok I might not make that 5 hour journey on the off-chance of being so lucky as yourself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:
1 hour ago, ray666 said:

Here's the difference - If you got the jab so easily in Surin city I will drive 15 minutes to get it there myself.

But, if you got it in the metropolis of Bangkok I might not make that 5 hour journey on the off-chance of being so lucky as yourself.

That is a valid point....  

In some area’s vaccines seem easier to get than others. 

That said - chickenlegs.... give it a try anyway, its only 15 mins drive !!! 

You may get lucky and be able to report back. If you are unlucky, well, you’ve wasted less than an hour, but at least you’ll know. 

If they won’t vaccinate you as a walk in, then at least try and register. 

Or, find the Largest 7-11 and try and register there too.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That article could very easily have read... Thai Woman Dies 15 mins After Taking Migraine Medication. 

Which is accurate, but perhaps not as sensationalist....  This is how the media hysteria is generated and dumb people only read the tile, paraphrase that title in the minds, tell their friends 'the covid vaccine killed a lady’ !!!

.... and before we know it... more people refuse the vaccine and more people die from Covid-19.... 

Or maybe... Farang dies after posting FUD on a web forum.

Edited by shdmn

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

You don't get it so easily in Surin City.

And it's not in Surin Hospital anyway. 

There are big signs to the vaccination site all over the city. Rachaphat University Bdg 44. You can register there.  Wait about 2 months.

Easy walk-ins can be found in places like Sakhon Nakhon, sometimes maybe Sarakham upcountry or Buriram.

• Thanks 1

What is the recommended time interval between jabs for AstraZeneca vaccine?

I got my first jab on 10 June and the appointment for the second jab on 29 September (appr 18 weeks). 

Should it be 8 to 12 weeks?

5 hours ago, MikeWill said:

I got my first jab on 10 June and the appointment for the second jab on 29 September (appr 18 weeks). 

The interval you quote is not 18 weeks.

Here is a sheet from the NHS discussing the interval which is indeed between 8 and 12 weeks, depending on the group https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2021/03/C1254-covid-19-vaccination-programme-faqs-on-second-dose-v2.pdf. Basically those in groups 1-9 (elderly, underlying conditions etc) have a recommend interval of 8-9 weeks, whereas for lower risk groups it is 11-12 weeks. Question is whether vaccine shortage rather than scientific parameters determine the interval between shots. This article in the Lancet discusses effect of interval on efficacy of the AZ vaccine: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00432-3/fulltext. It suggests that between 8 and 16 weeks (the longest period tested) post first shot the interval does not make much difference -possibly slightly better after 12+ weeks- though case numbers are quite low and CI consequently high. On a different note, one shot gives less protection than two shots, so the longer the interval period the more risk you run. 

6 hours ago, MikeWill said:

This is what the TGA in Australia recommend for the time interval between doses of Astra Zeneca.

4 to 12 weeks

COVID-19 vaccine: AstraZeneca ChAdOx1-S

26 March 2021

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has granted provisional approval to AstraZeneca Pty Ltd for its COVID-19 vaccine, making it the second COVID-19 vaccine to receive regulatory approval in Australia.

COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca is provisionally approved and included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) for the active immunisation of individuals 18 years and older for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by SARS-CoV-2. The use of this vaccine should be in accordance with official recommendations and given in two doses 4 to 12 weeks apart. The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation has recommended that the interval between first and second dose is 12 weeks. However if this interval is not possible, for example because of imminent travel, cancer chemotherapy, major elective surgery, a minimum interval of 4 weeks between doses can be used.

Provisional approval of this vaccine is valid for two years and means it can now be legally supplied in Australia. The approval is subject to certain strict conditions, such as the requirement for AstraZeneca to continue providing information to the TGA on longer term efficacy and safety from ongoing clinical trials and post-market assessment. COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca has been shown to prevent COVID-19 however it is not yet known whether it prevents transmission or asymptomatic disease.

There are currently limited data available for the efficacy and safety in individuals over 65 years of age. However, the vaccine has been shown to create an immune response in this group and can be used based on the efficacy and safety demonstrated in the general clinical trial population. The decision to immunise an elderly patient should be decided on a case-by-case basis with consideration of age, co-morbidities and their environment taking into account the benefits of vaccination and potential risks. Further information from ongoing clinical trials and post-market monitoring is expected in coming months. Additional details can be found in the Product Information and Australian Public Assessment Report (AusPAR).

Australians can be confident that the TGA's review process of this vaccine was rigorous and of the highest standard. The decision to provisionally approve the vaccine was also informed by expert advice from the Advisory Committee on Vaccines (ACV), an independent committee with expertise in scientific, medical and clinical fields including consumer representation.

https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-chadox1-s

21 hours ago, MikeWill said:

Jabbed in June, it should be 16 weeks. You should confirm with the hospital. 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:22 PM, ray666 said:

It makes a difference to people who believe they have to travel 160 miles roundtrip to get to a vaccination centre.