Pool Handrail

lelapin

Hi, I don't know of Stainless Steel (SS) shops on the Dark Side but if you're going SS I have some info.

Pictures of my handrail into the pool. 

I asked for marine grade SS but never checked. If you just get a local SS shop to supply the job you won't get marine grade SS, so you'd have to order it specially.

Saying that, my non-marine grade SS rails are 4 years old and still good. Just have to replace them after 8 to 10 years I suppose.

The problem comes with the loxin anchors that attach the rail to the pool wall. These are not SS and unless you can get SS fittings and seal the area off before you tile, rust starts, as you can see from one of the fittings. The install bays forgot to seal one fitting. I did it later but a bit late. 

Still overall the steps are great.

20210609_063956.jpg

20210609_064012.jpg

20210609_064026.jpg

20210609_064041.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

Hi, I don't know of Stainless Steel (SS) shops on the Dark Side but if you're going SS I have some info.

I asked for marine grade SS but never checked. If you just get a local SS shop to supply the job you won't get marine grade SS, so you'd have to order it specially.

Saying that, my non-marine grade SS rails are 4 years old and still good. Just have to replace them after 8 to 10 years I suppose.

The problem comes with the loxin anchors that attach the rail to the pool wall. These are not SS and unless you can get SS fittings and seal the area off before you tile, rust starts, as you can see from one of the fittings. The install bays forgot to seal one fitting. I did it later but a bit late. 

20210609_063956.jpg

20210609_064012.jpg

20210609_064026.jpg

20210609_064041.jpg

Use Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. This cleans rust stains! It will also lower you chlorine levels depending on how much you use!

Plenty of stainless steel shops on the darkside. Best to wait for a recomendation!

Edited by Bagwain
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

20210609_063956.jpg

20210609_064012.jpg

20210609_064026.jpg

20210609_064041.jpg

What sort of total cost could I expect for one rail?

Edited by lelapin