2021 MG Pickup

7 hours ago, milys said:

MG Extender 2.0 DC Grand D 6MT price tag in the Thailand reads THB 759,000 (without any discount)

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mg/extender/2-0-dc-grand-d-6mt

Personally I can't justify the need for a car in Thailand. Motorbike works for shorter trips around home and when I need to

go further away bus is just fine and extremely cheap.

Worked well for me too when I lived in BKK for years (used to love the bus betwen BKK and Trat for $8) but...

Try asking a bus driver if you can load a half ton of elephant manure for your garden and be sure to take a photo of his face for the memories.

Try taking your dog on a scooter (mine loves it) down a road full of soi dogs to your destination and let me know how much the vet bill came to.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:01 AM, vinny41 said:

It was you that posted a false statement "

Ford is a US based corporation.

I doubt that 10% of the parts in the vehicle are made in the USA"

Clearly as the above link indicates your are incorrect in your thinking

75%, actully.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/03/what-percentage-of-your-truck-is-made-in-america.html

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 9:56 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

And 30% made or sourced in the Far East! 

"The Ranger has 70 percent of its parts content sourced within the US..."

"Sourced in the US"?  That's not the same as "made in US" and, presumably, if those parts were made in the US the report would say that they were.

Ford Motor Co.'s Ranger mid-size pick-up truck is the most "made in America" vehicle in 2020 with 85% total domestic content, according to an index produced by American University's Kogod School of Business.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/09/17/ford-ranger-tops-made-america-index/3479781001/

So you are correct the original article stating 70% was incorrect as it should have been 85% total domestic content

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Some people will just never give up and therefore go to the Ignore list.  The MG vehicles are here to stay and are making a name for themselves.

MG, Yes That MG, Now Makes A Cool Pickup Truck Called Extender (motor1.com)

https://www.carguide.ph/2019/08/mgs-first-pickup-truck-is-more-powerful.html

Hey Ryan, great work mate keep it up. 555

Some stats here :

More powerful than the Rapter..... 

Yep up by 1 HP and down by 20NM torque yes it is more "powerful" LOL

Check out the comments to the link you posted, these guys are more negative than the TV members. 

47 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Hey Ryan, great work mate keep it up. 555

Some stats here :

More powerful than the Rapter..... 

Yep up by 1 HP and down by 20NM torque yes it is more "powerful" LOL

Check out the comments to the link you posted, these guys are more negative than the TV members. 

The Raptor is 157kw.... so 210hp.

Don't think the 214hp twin turbo MG is sold in Thailand so the comparison is frivolous.

If the 214hp/480nm MG Extender was sold here in extra cab/manual configuration.... I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a mars bar !!

Edited by Ralf001

11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Ford Motor Co.'s Ranger mid-size pick-up truck is the most "made in America" vehicle in 2020 with 85% total domestic content, according to an index produced by American University's Kogod School of Business.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/09/17/ford-ranger-tops-made-america-index/3479781001/

So you are correct the original article stating 70% was incorrect as it should have been 85% total domestic content

Who says the one that you quoted is correct and more accurate than the "70%" study?!   If the next report quotes a 60% domestic content, I take it you'd believe that, would you?   If not, why not?

MG, historically makers of sports cars, building  pick-up seems to me a bad joke.  I have never seen on in Thailand and wonder why you want to be a pioneer owner.

Consider the standard jap pick-ups.  Toyota and Isuzu.   Thousands on the roads, proven to take all he abuse that Thais can thro at them nd still go a Million KMs.  Agent in every town and every Thai mechanic knows how to fix them.

I bought a Toyota Vios and it is cheap rubbish for Thai market.  I don't think that anyone at Toyota could have ever test driven  one.  Rubbish ventilation nd de-misting, and intolerable wind noise with the windows open, but it starts  every time and goes where I want it to.

Is MG petrol or diesel?  Do you care about particulate pollution.  perhaps the only argument against  Jap pick-up.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:07 PM, Robin said:

MG, historically makers of sports cars, building  pick-up seems to me a bad joke.  I have never seen on in Thailand and wonder why you want to be a pioneer owner.

Consider the standard jap pick-ups.  Toyota and Isuzu.   Thousands on the roads, proven to take all he abuse that Thais can thro at them nd still go a Million KMs.  Agent in every town and every Thai mechanic knows how to fix them.

I bought a Toyota Vios and it is cheap rubbish for Thai market.  I don't think that anyone at Toyota could have ever test driven  one.  Rubbish ventilation nd de-misting, and intolerable wind noise with the windows open, but it starts  every time and goes where I want it to.

Is MG petrol or diesel?  Do you care about particulate pollution.  perhaps the only argument against  Jap pick-up.

I've actually seen a number of them and a good friend in Trat bought one and loves it. I trust his opinion but one person is a small sampling.

I test drove an MGB back in 1973, while in high school. Brand new. Made it about one mile before gasping and dying.

So I bought a Subaru instead. Brake fade after an hour on my paper route. Real piece of junk, but look at Subaru today. They are outstanding vehicles.

Your other points are valid. But if I can buy a dependable vehicle for thousands less than a Nissan or Toyota, I'd be wasting my money to do otherwise.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, canthai55 said:

This is a Thailand focused forum.

The Ford pickups discussed here are the ones offered for sale here.

To quote US - or anywhere else - stats is misleading at best and ignorant at worst.

the Ford Ranger in the USA is not the same as the Thai Ranger either.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, Robin said:

Toyota, historically makers of looms, building cars seems to me a worse joke.