DDC: Mixing vaccines only recommended in case of allergy

webfact

te.jpg

By Pear Maneechote

Thai health authorities on Tuesday stuck to the line that mixing different Covid-19 vaccines for the two shots is only recommended if there is a severe reaction to the first one. The comments follow growing indications that swapping jabs can significantly boost patients’ immune response.

“If there is an extreme reaction from the first dose, whether suffocation or admission to hospital, then the healthcare worker is allowed to administer a different type of vaccine for the second dose,” a representative of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) told Thai Enquirer.

She declined to comment on whether mixing the vaccines as standard might help boost patients’ immunity and also address the logistical challenges facing the roll-out of the country’s inoculation programme, saying the allergy angle remains the DDC’s focus.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28327/ddc-mixing-vaccines-only-recommended-in-case-of-allergy/

ti.jpg
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai health authorities on Tuesday stuck to the line that mixing different Covid-19 vaccines for the two shots is only recommended if there is a severe reaction to the first one.

If I had a severe reaction to one, I would not be going back for a second.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, connda said:

If I had a severe reaction to one, I would not be going back for a second.

Well a bit of bad news.... a single shot of the Sinovax offers very low protection..... and usually it is the second jab that gives you more of a reaction. The effect of a different second jab might be guesswork.