Disappointment for football fans as Thai broadcasters fail to secure EURO 2020 TV rights

webfact

55 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Imagine watching the euros with Thai commentary????

No thanks.

BBC & ITV all the way for me!

I wish there were a way to watch footie without any commentary whatsoever. Endless pointless statistics a lot of the game. I don't need to be told who actually has the ball, I can see. Sky & BT are the worst, BBC is tolerable. So with Thai or other foreign commentary, you would be spared the BS.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, WineOh said:

There is.

Just put your TV on mute....

But I love to hear the roar of the non-existent superimposed crowd.  LOL

And I must say that those who did put the crowd noise on EPL games, did a superb job, getting the correct chants and boos at the right times.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Didn't hear any boo's when they were 'taking the knee' though !

Because the broadcasters missed them out. Now with live spectators again.................

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I wish there were a way to watch footie without any commentary whatsoever. Endless pointless statistics a lot of the game. I don't need to be told who actually has the ball, I can see. Sky & BT are the worst, BBC is tolerable. So with Thai or other foreign commentary, you would be spared the BS.

There is and always has been for years on most TVs, ipads, pcs, smartphones etc etc.  It's called the mute button !!  But if you can not find that perhaps use that other well established control - yes its called the volume button ????????

Edited by Excel
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Excel said:

There is and always has been for years on most TVs, ipads, pcs, smartphones etc etc.  It's called the mute button !!  But if you can not find that perhaps use that other well established control - yes its called the volume button ????????

No need to be sarky, I was being serious. See my comment a couple of hours ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sametboy2019 said:

With most games on at 2am it's probably not worth paying for the rights.

As far the groups go, the times will be 20:00, 23:00 and 02:00 similar to the premier league that Thailand does broadcast and has broadcasted for years

Edited by Chad91

5 hours ago, WineOh said:

Imagine watching the euros with Thai commentary????

No thanks.

BBC & ITV all the way for me!

If somebody does pick up the rights and your with True they have a dual language option on specific programmes football generally being one of them

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

As far the groups go, the times will be 20:00, 23:00 and 02:00 similar to the premier league that Thailand does broadcast and has broadcasted for years

Maybe....but the majority of Thais support Premier League clubs, not European National sides.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Er, volume control?

• Sad 1

I heard they are looking into it and are going to setup a committee to oversee a committee to study how best to arrange tv coverage???? Once the committee has gathered enough information they will make a  presentation to the other committee  on how best to solve the issue, they are expecting this presentation is expected to be completed by Euro2040………… don’t read the newspapers so you won’t know the scores????

• Like 1

I've just scanned the UEFA/TV, website, and found all the listed TV providers around the World for Euros 2021.
In fact there are 215 different countries and territories listed.  They include some well known destinations and some a little more obscure, from Afghanistan to Bonare(3 Channels), further down the list we have Mariana Islands 2 providers, Mayotte  also Midway, where is that? I have just been told there was a battle there during the 2nd World War, somewhere in 'The Middle' of the Pacific Ocean.  Palestine (Gaza Strip and the West Bank), Sub Saharan Africa, St Eustatius, and Vatican City.
A total of no less than 215 places are mentioned.  When I refer to the Wikipedia list of countries, there are only 195  which include The Holy See and The State of Palestine and Gaza strip.

BUT WHAT IS MISSING IS THAILAND.  Nobody has bought the rights in Thailand to show the Euro 21 games.  As mentioned by Admin previously.

Thank God for VPNs  But again TIT  This is Thailand.