Disappointment for football fans as Thai broadcasters fail to secure EURO 2020 TV rights

webfact

On 6/9/2021 at 8:06 AM, nkg said:

It's a good thing that Thailand have been cracking down on the football pirates. I'm sure true football fans would rather miss all the games than cheat UEFA out of their hard-earned money.

https://new.thaivisa.com/thai-pm-prayut-basking-in-praise-from-english-football-boss-over-piracy-success/

Indeed if you truly love soccer why would you be stealing of those poor players and their clubs by watching it illigally. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Indeed if you truly love soccer why would you be stealing of those poor players and their clubs by watching it illigally. 

Poor players? 25,000,000 euros a year? Ok, not all of them, but if there's no other way, what you gonna do? I'm sure they won't notice the effect in their weekly wage packets!

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

Poor players? 25,000,000 euros a year? Ok, not all of them, but if there's no other way, what you gonna do? I'm sure they won't notice the effect in their weekly wage packets!

Sorry would have thought people would see my post was sarcasm.

• Like 1

The National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT, channel 11 or 2 on most providers) will live broadcast the UEFA Euro 2020 with the opening match between Italy and Turkey at 2:00 A.M. Thai Time tonight.

The whole Euro 2020 live broadcast program is under discussion with NBT2HD, the Office of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), and the copyright owner and its related partners today, June 11th.

NBT will officially announce further details of the broadcast in Thailand at a press conference today. It is expected they will be able to secure the rights for the entire EURO 2020 live program.