Thai Cabinet does not give final approval to Phuket Sandbox yet, asks for relevant agencies to make some improvements

webfact

a scapegoat...... after all the messages and information by the government departments, now suddenly the Cabinet did not approve yet the sandbox model in Phuket.   Easy.. so not it looks that the concept will fail, they tell they did not approve it yet, there has to be more investigation on the issue, so when it really is that this sandbox is not working, They can say, see, we had our doubts already and so safe their face. It looks like the civil union bill that is delayed too time by time, just because they don't want it... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not enough paperwork yet!

More restrictions needed!

More hoops!

More U turns!

More fees!

THEN you'll be ready to take on the 3/4 empty planes full of paying "scandinavian inmates" for the next five years or so....

Edited by chalawaan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Thai Cabinet met this afternoon and among other issues, like the hiring of special government employees

Is that Thai double speak for more brown envelopes please.

As in those you need to hire as an in-country representative to smooth the way through the procurement and delivery processes, or to be able to sell us anything, like has been found in armaments and aircraft industries in the past.

• Sad 1

Well, to be fair, Phuket is not yet 80% fully vaccinated, far from it. And nor will it be by 1st July. So there’s that for starters.

plus, someone might, just might, be thinking to themselves, what risks are we taking and what rewards will we get?

it’s totally out of the question that anyone said that farang in at risk categories should be vaccinated  before opening. That would be ridiculous.

meantime, I am quarantined in Phuket. Can’t leave the island because if I do, I have to be tested before coming back or do house quarantine. So weekend trips to other provinces are out. Hey ho.

Cabinet Agrees on Phuket “Sandbox” Foreign Tourism Program

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

6ddb86be344052abae7fcbb96c063cc2_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Cabinet has agreed on the Phuket “Sandbox”, a foreign tourism reopening program, scheduled to start next month as a prelude to a tourism revival in Thailand’s 10 most popular tourist destinations, as proposed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said, after the weekly cabinet meeting on Tuesday, that the tourism reopening plan has already been approved, in principle, by the Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA).

He said the plan, starting with the resort island of Phuket on July 1, will welcome tourists from countries with low and medium risk of COVID-19 transmission and who are fully vaccinated.

The prime minister said that about 400,000 people in Phuket, or more than 60% of its entire population, have already been vaccinated against COVID-19, adding that the Sandbox’s implementation will come as a test of Thailand’s ability to strike a balance between maintaining public health security and the need to salvage the economy.

Foreign tourists intending to visit Phuket under this tourism promotion program will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days before travelling, along with a document giving permission to enter Thailand. While staying here, these tourists will be required to undergo a number of COVID-19 tests.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

The prime minister said that about 400,000 people in Phuket, or more than 60% of its entire population, have already been vaccinated against COVID-19

two jabs or one ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Can anyone translate this. I think it says date pushed back to the 9th? 

Screenshot_20210609-143919.png

Roughly.....
Phuket starts to open 1st July. Open to Foreign tourists from 9th July.

• Like 1

US warns it's citizens  not  to visit Thailand unless fully vaccinated.

CDC issues updated COVID-19 travel guidance for dozens of countries

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-issues-updated-covid-19-travel-guidance-for-dozens-of-countries/ar-AAKQtw4?li=BBnb7Kz

COVID-19 Travel Recommendations------Thailand is level 3

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/noticescovid19

Now all that is needed is to divert more vaccines from Lanna and Isaan grandmothers and send them to vaccinate young "front-line" tourism workers in Thailand's dying tourism hot-spots

"We have to send your vaccine to the dying in a hot-spot grandma!"

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Just now, xcell said:

Can someone pls. explain me why they name the planed tourist quarantine program in Phuket "sandbox"?

A sandbox for me is a children's sandy playground ...

And the Thai mentality is ??

On 6/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, madmen said:

Can anyone translate this. I think it says date pushed back to the 9th? 

Screenshot_20210609-143919.png

Using Google translate I think it says the date it starts is 1 July but the first visitors arrive 9 July.  I'll try to check when I talk to my wife although from experience that may just confuse things  ????