Thai Cabinet does not give final approval to Phuket Sandbox yet, asks for relevant agencies to make some improvements

webfact

On 6/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, connda said:

Now all that is needed is to divert more vaccines from Lanna and Isaan grandmothers and send them to vaccinate young "front-line" tourism workers in Thailand's dying tourism hot-spots

"We have to send your vaccine to the dying in a hot-spot grandma!"

Some grey haired Isaarn grandmothers ARE front line workers their offering charms to Farangs on Loi khroh road in Chiang Mai. They are  confident and to tout years of experience as a sales point.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, xcell said:

Can someone pls. explain me why they name the planed tourist quarantine program in Phuket "sandbox"?

A sandbox for me is a children's sandy playground ...

I assume they are adapting the term 'sandbox' from a computer usage.  In computer use, a 'sandbox' is a testing environment in a computer system in which new or untested software can be run securely.

It's going to be a good time at the HKT airport in July.   I remember flying back to BKK in March '20 when they were just getting the inbound procedure set up.   A small army of 40 or so helpers with photocopies of the Covid/health survey tracking app QR code link that didn't work yet (the link worked but but for whatever reason, it was only letting about 1 in 4 people successfully register) but people continually being fed into the bottleneck on those people mover walkways like that old I Love Lucy chocolate factory scene.    Basically they went through the procedure of pretending to help you and then slowly leaked people on through to immigration.    

Edited by Heng