Foreigner infected while in Phuket quarantine

webfact

On 6/11/2021 at 12:24 AM, nkg said:

I think there is a difference between a Thai person calling me "farang" as an insult, and using the word "farang" as a generic term for foreigners.

What word do you think Thai people should use when talking about non-Thais? Should they not be allowed to have a word in case you get offended?

The word all Thais I know use is "khon tangchart" which translates as "foreigner".

Ok, some nurses in places like Pattaya and Phuket use "farang". And it's obvious where this comes from. 

On 6/11/2021 at 2:58 AM, RichardColeman said:
On 6/11/2021 at 2:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Quarantine met its very objective which is to ensure all quarantinees are Covid-19 free before they are released.

How can you possibly say quarantine met its objective when its process infected someone ? 

The article says that....  But the ‘headline’ is nothing more than attention grabbing media sensationalisation 

Its perfectly feasible that the foreigner was exposed so SARS-CoV-2 on the plane. 

The ‘average’ incubation period is 5-6 days.... and in some cases 14 days

Thus: Its perfectly feasible that the foreigner contracted Covid-19 on the flight, he didn’t test positive on the day 5 PCR test, but would have on day 6 or 7 had he been tested on those days. He tested positive on the day 12/13 PCR test. 

The article also shows that a certain Dr. Kusak seems to have jumped to a conclusion... mention of the words ‘cluster’ without any further information is very lazy reporting.

i.e. IF 10 people who had arrived on different flights from different countries tested positive for the same variant that would indicate a cluster and quarantine transmission. 

But, if 10 people who had arrived on the same flight tested positive and that was discovered in quarantine there is no further indication of a quarantine failure. 

We have no information on numbers, or point of origin of anyone - the information is thin. IF required information is not presented in the article; perhaps the Dr does not know that information in which case he is making assumptions. 

There is no evidence which suggests the foreigner contracted Covid-19 while in quarantine - not in the article at least. 

• Like 1