Thailand targets 3 million foreign tourists this year under phased reopening

snoop1130

44 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Has the Phuket opening been pushed back to the 9th? I haven't seen that anywhere although I know about the change from 7 to 14 days.

I do wonder where they get these figures from. Not long ago there was talk of 10 million visitors and 6 million were coming from the UK alone.

I'd like to know as well, didn't find anything about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Has the Phuket opening been pushed back to the 9th? I haven't seen that anywhere although I know about the change from 7 to 14 days.

I do wonder where they get these figures from. Not long ago there was talk of 10 million visitors and 6 million were coming from the UK alone.

This from a travel agent on the sandbox face book page. 

1623215353092.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Phuket will be pushed back to October and October pushed back to January and January pushed back to...... 

I think so too. Was hoping visit the girlfriend October can't see it 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Tourism-reliant Thailand expects about three million foreign tourist arrivals this year.

I am probably wrong or I may have misinterpreted the Thai governments value of the tourist dollar to be about 10 or 11% of GDP. If that's the case why are they so tourism reliant???? ???? ???? ????  

The target is lower than the four million tourists projected by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) in April, when the country's biggest coronavirus outbreak so far emerged.

### trending to reality. Ie nil tourists towards the end of the year…

For 2022, the TAT expects 20 million foreign arrivals to spend 1.3 trillion baht, Siripakorn said.

That compares with 40 million in 2019, when tourists spent 1.91 trillion baht.

### wonder how disposable income for Thailand bound tourists have shot up during the past 2 years…