Line app. no longer supports windows 7 and 8. Please click below to download the latest compatible version.

bulmercke

"Line app. no longer supports windows 7 and 8. Please click below to download the latest compatible version."

I was using Line on my desktop earlier today and no problems. Then suddenly when I went to re-open the app earlier this evening a pop-up appeared with the above message.  The app can no longer be accessed although Line is working okay on my mobile. (same a/c)

I guess I will lose all chat history that preceded my downloading of the Line app on my mobile. Annoying.  (mobile: chat history backed-up daily)

Has anyone else experienced this??

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure you didn't follow a fake message and downloaded and installed a virus?

LINEs official website is line.me including a download link for Windows.

I downloaded and installed Line on my other desktop (Dell) and it was exactly the same with the pop-up. Ran Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Avira anti-virus on Compaq. Problem still persisted. So uninstalled and then re-installed Line again and the problem was fixed.

No idea what happened. The problem could be to do with a couple of Power Point files (.pptx) - a jpg file - and Google Drive pdf file that I downloaded and opened immediately before the problem occurred. All sent from a school through Line.

But I think you're right. It was a virus and fake message picked up from somewhere. Anyway much thanks for the advice.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bulmercke said:

I downloaded and installed Line on my other desktop (Dell) and it was exactly the same with the pop-up. Ran Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Avira anti-virus on Compaq. Problem still persisted. So uninstalled and then re-installed Line again and the problem was fixed.

No idea what happened. The problem could be to do with a couple of Power Point files (.pptx) - a jpg file - and Google Drive pdf file that I downloaded and opened immediately before the problem occurred. All sent from a school through Line.

But I think you're right. It was a virus and fake message picked up from somewhere. Anyway much thanks for the advice.

Hopefully the problem is fixed.

I remember long time ago I wanted to install Acrobat Reader on a PC. I entered that in the browser and then I clicked on the first link. MISTAKE! The first link was not from Adobe. Acrobat Reader was installed and it looked real, but at the same time lots of malware was installed. I am sure I won't make that mistake again.

This is why I mentioned the line.me domain at the beginning. Because I am sure many people will expect a .com domain. It's always good to know the official domain. In doubt a look in Wikipedia helps normally.

• Like 1

Line recently quit on my Mac. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it to no avail. I can't get the QR code so I can log in. I get a pop-up stating failing to access network. I have tried with VPN on or off. No difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toolpush said:

Line recently quit on my Mac. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it to no avail. I can't get the QR code so I can log in. I get a pop-up stating failing to access network. I have tried with VPN on or off. No difference.

New version released yesterday:

9 Jun 2021

- Improved stability.

7 Jun 2021

• We made improvements to the video call feature.

- Redesigned the video call screen.

- Easily adjust the video call screen size from the standard size to the mini viewer.

• Improved the screen sharing feature.

- Show the thumbnails of video call participants on the shared screen

19 hours ago, bulmercke said:

Has anyone else experienced this??

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure you didn't follow a fake message and downloaded and installed a virus?

LINEs official website is line.me including a download link for Windows.

See this previous topic here which may make it clearer -

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, topt said:

See this previous topic here which may make it clearer -

Thanks topt for informing me appreciate it.
I am using QR code to "wake up" LINE on my laptop>
Today I reinstalled LINE as they directed using a update download everything seems to be working fine,
Will let you know if I have any issues.

21 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

New version released yesterday:

OK, so i just uninstalled again today and downloaded Line from the Apple App store and installed it. Everything is the same. Can't use it. Can't log in either way. QR code or using email and password. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 14.52.24.png

3 minutes ago, toolpush said:

OK, so i just uninstalled again today and downloaded Line from the Apple App store and installed it. Everything is the same. Can't use it. Can't log in either way. QR code or using email and password. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 14.52.24.png

If you're having login or performance issues, first check which version of LINE you can use on your PC here, then try the following:

LINE for Windows and Mac
• Uninstall LINE for Windows or Mac and then reinstall it.
• Restart your computer. 
• Temporarily disable any firewalls or security software you have in place, or allow LINE to connect to the internet.
• Disable any resident or customization software such as WindowsBlinds.

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I had to download and reinstall Line again to my laptop, I can then use the QR code to open up LINE - HOWEVER - I now have to reinstall LINE each time I turn off my laptop
I use Win7 and have no intention to use Win10

Just opened my install on Win 7 to check again and no change - but I originally installed after having line on smartphone for a while. Log in each time using email and password.

I don't really use it anymore on the laptop so no issue for me if they stop it but I think that will be quite a few years away.

18 hours ago, topt said:

Just opened my install on Win 7 to check again and no change - but I originally installed after having line on smartphone for a while. Log in each time using email and password.

I don't really use it anymore on the laptop so no issue for me if they stop it but I think that will be quite a few years away.

I have tried using the original download of LINE for laptop and the updated form, for both I now have to reinstall before QR code works.
I use Whatsapp to contact family in UK.
LINE is much easier to copy pictures I have been sent to my laptop but they do have a limit on number of days before downloading is blocked.

Thanks to all who replied.