Registration at 7-11

DogNo1

Today I went to a 7-11 near Ploenchit Station to attempt to register for a vaccination.  They laughed and apparently knew nothing about registration but suggested that I go to the the mass-vaccination site at the Tesco-Lotus at Phraram 4 tomorrow.  I may be turned away as many people who went to other mass vaccination sites have reported.  I have tried to register on the thailandintervac site with no success.   If the crowd is large tomorrow, I will leave to stay safe.

'Has anyone had success and been vaccinated at one of the mass vaccination sites?  I don't remember reading any success stories.  Most of the people who report success on Sheryl's thread registered through 

Mor Prom.  Comments will be appreciated.

• Confused 1

Thanks, Richard.  I'll try going in mid-afternoon but be prepared to be turned away.  I wish that countries with surplus vaccine would donate it to Thailand.

I’m pretty sure this one will be a popular hit on this forum once the ThaiVisa news team get hold of it.... 

Thai ‘semi-hi-so’s’ trying to fake it as moto-taxi drivers so they can get vaccinated as a priority in the ‘vulnerable’ group eligible for ‘walk-in vaccines at the Bang Sue vaccine centre.

Can’t make this s#!t up !!!!! ????

1350441714_Screenshot2021-06-10at02_35_54.thumb.png.3b3cc8cca71458cb30b8224aa07e82c2.png

• Haha 1

I got so fed up spending hours on apps trying to register I decided yesterday to visit my local Thai government hospital from walking in to registering it took me no longer than 10 minutes once done I was informed that the hospital would call me to let me the date and time of my appointment I was told it would be between 1 and 2 months as the priority was the Thai public first which I fully appreciate.

• Thanks 1

Oxx, 

That is a bit unfair.

Why should they not look after their own first.

We came here of our own volition, chose to work & (or) live/retire here in a pretty much a 3rd world country knowing there was no safety net for health cover unless you covered yourself or had SS in which case your employer would have arranged your shot already.

(if they were  in any way caring).

Are we treated as inferior ? , not to me but they expect us to be able to look after ourselves

go along to a private hospital & register 

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Oxx, 

That is a bit unfair.

Why should they not look after their own first.

We came here of our own volition, chose to work & (or) live/retire here in a pretty much a 3rd world country knowing there was no safety net for health cover unless you covered yourself or had SS in which case your employer would have arranged your shot already.

(if they were  in any way caring).

Are we treated as inferior ? , not to me but they expect us to be able to look after ourselves

go along to a private hospital & register 

As in other countries, well civilized ones, vaccination should be done on the basis of age and health risks, and not on the basis of where you were born, your contacts or how rich you happen to be.

• Like 2