At what age did you actually start feeling old?

seancbk

I'm about to turn 72 and I mostly feel about 40-50. Particularly good on the days I do my 40 minutes in the gym before brunch.

I remember a large organization I worked for a couple of decades ago in Oz. One year they held a birthday celebration for everyone who was turning 50 that year. There were about 30 or 40 of them all lined up. From their looks you would have thought they ranged in age from 30 to 70.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When I moved to NYC in the 1980's, a rather beautiful woman I had befriended looked at me and said "when are you going to remove that horrendous thing from your face?" I said huh? She said do you plan on dating? I said yes of course, I am divorced and single again. She said do you plan on sleeping with these women you date? I said of course. She said it is not going to happen with that terrible thing on your face. Not here, not now. I shaved the next morning! 

This will now be my excuse as to why no grannies on loy kroh will kiss me! ????  Blame the beard ladies! The ole flavor saver!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

when you can no longer eat certain things

Care to elaborate a little on this?

I assume you don't mean thewing on a rare steak, because of missing teeth, but more a digestive issue,  right?

My appetite is not what it use to be, but I can't pin it on anything.  Maybe I am just getting old.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

When I was in my 20's, I thought hitting 30 would be old.  And in my 30's, I thought hitting 40 would be old.  And so on.  Now I'm nearing 60 and in the best shape of my life (or so I think).  When will I feel old?  I suppose when junior down between my legs refuses to cooperate.  So maybe when I'm 80 I'll feel old...555

When junior down refuses service, call BritMantoo, he can give your gf a helping hand.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

'Life is great, I have tons of friends here in Bangkok and things just seem to be getting better all the time, better tech, better video games, crypto currencies... so much cool stuff happening.'

Yeah if only they could get the registering for vaccines, and enough vaccines sorted out, that farce is not cool at all

That's great, but what does it have to do with the OP?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

This will now be my excuse as to why no grannies on loy kroh will kiss me! ????  Blame the beard ladies! The ole flavor saver!

I love my beard and wouldnt want to remove it form any reason, although Mrs P is not a fan, she just has to put up with an older mans prerogative. . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's wonderful if we feel young but it's even better if other people see in us what we (want to) see.

Most people think I am younger than I am. I guess one reason is that I don't have any grey hair until now and enough hair on my head.

I don't feel "old" but realistically I have to admit:

- There was a time when I could drink a lot until 2am, wake up at 7am and work productive the whole day. Not anymore.

- There was a time when I had sex for hours, and then some more. That's was some time ago...

- When I was in school my mother lay down on the sofa for an hour after lunch. It seems that was something for old people. Now I like to lay down for an hour after lunch.

- The list goes on and on.

I still like sexy cute (legal) girls who could by now be my grand daughters. And they are nice enough to make me feel young. But I guess it's better that I don't ask them if they think I am old...

There was a time when I had sex for hours, and then some more.

Send a pic of the Misses, you can watch us for hours????. Always happy to help out.