At what age did you actually start feeling old?

seancbk

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Count yourself as having won the lottery of life then. If I were the ruler of the world I'd ban marriage as it is now.

I was never married and I don't have any kids.

Now, because of your comment, I have that lottery feeling. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Fascinating thread.

I'm 63 but don't feel old.  I keep my weight under control, run, cycle and surfskate regularly, and I'm just setting up a new on-line business so keep my mind active. 

But I'm a bit worried that I may wake up one day and feel 'old'.

If I couldn't do fun outdoor activities any more (or fun indoor activities!), I would not want to carry on.

Do we suddenly become old one day?  

I'd love to try one of those surf skateboards.  Did you buy your here?

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

ßloody hell...married three times and got four kids......my life is hell.

I lived with a woman that had 2 kids, and my life was hell. Then I wised up and left her. After I'd left my life got a whole lot better for not having to put up with the little <deleted>s any more. Never regretted leaving her.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Beards are great, and if other people don't like them, that's their problem.

There are certain people who look good with beards and certain people who don't. The get on the band wagon ones you can tell by looking at them in the USA just look awkward and out of place. I never was one to do fads.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately, unless one lives in an enlightened country, one doesn't get the option of a painless get out of Dodge.

I ride a motorcycle in Thailand - so I think it will be automatically self limiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

There are certain people who look good with beards and certain people who don't. The get on the band wagon ones you can tell by looking at them in the USA just look awkward and out of place. I never was one to do fads.

LOL. Men have only been able to shave for a few centuries, as they didn't have sharp blades before. Shaving is the fad.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you allowed a woman to tell you what to do!

It was the best advice anyone could have ever given me. The "new look" got me more action than I could handle. Of course the demographics helped. At that time there were 7 straight, available women, to every single, straight man in NYC. Like shooting koi in a pond. 

• Haha 1

For me, and I think for others too, there's the positive benefits of a good Thai wife.

From preparing great food, making sure I eat enough fresh fruit, figuring out how to register on the Mor Phom App, and encouraging me to exercise by joining me on bike rides and surfskate trips.

Plus, by doing housework wearing just a towel she helps keep my testosterone levels up.

(And how do Thai girls wear nothing but a towel without it falling off?)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I can put on my trousers without falling over now ????.

Yes, getting old is reversible in many ways if you take some steps.   Accepting it as a steady decline is so often a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Do we suddenly become old one day? 

It was about 2 -4 weeks between me being able to cycle 20Km/day (2019) then finding it hard to do 4Km.

At 65 I still manage to walk 4-6Km every day, but I can no longer run the 15Km in the mountains I used to do twice a week before 'suddenly aging'.

I've actually outlasted nearly everyone I know, most of whom died suddenly before age 60.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, connda said:

I know people who want to live to be 120 in an aging body.  Why?

Not 120 but maybe into the 80's would be ok. Only reason for me is my kids, wife and my dogs. My kids are still pretty young so it would be too much of a hurt having ole daddy parting too soon. My being 80 would put them in their early to almost mid 40's which is semi ok. The wife is 10 years younger than me and I think she would get bored without the things I do for her to complain about. Also we sort of enjoy each other. Well, the dogs no need to mention.