Problem with 90-day report by post

Sent docs to immigration div 1 on 17 May (2 wks in advance of 90 days). It's been 3 wks and nothing back in the post. Immig website says to contact Immig after 1 mo with registered post receipt. 

Question: Does anyone know how exact that 1 mo timing needs to be? I've tried 3 phone numbers for a couple of days now and no one answers (02) 141 7887; 141 7873; and I can't get past the hold music on 141 9889.

Another question: Is the location still Muang Thong Thani or back at Govt Complex?

Thanks.

The 30 days mentioned is from the day your report was due.

On average it is taking about 6 weeks to get the report receipt in the mail at this time according to many posts and topics about mailed in report to Chaeng Wattana.

In person reports are still done at Muang Thong Thani.

You provided a return envelope? With your address? With postage (37 baht EMS preferred, 10 baht OK I think).

You receive mail reliably at your address?

I'd wait at least 7 weeks.

Current reports are 5 - 8 weeks, mine was 50 days.

• Like 1

I've read from others it can be a 5-6 week wait. I posted mine ( May 25 ) 2 weeks prior to due date as well, expecting mail July 5-9 I would imagine and keeping my receipt in a safe place. 

Thanks for the replies - not seeing a way to reply to the individual replies. Yes, sent a return envelope with a 10B stamp. Is it safe to assume that if I wait 7 weeks (and nothing arrives) and then go in person that there won't be a fine?

22 minutes ago, mikeh said:

Thanks for the replies - not seeing a way to reply to the individual replies. Yes, sent a return envelope with a 10B stamp. Is it safe to assume that if I wait 7 weeks (and nothing arrives) and then go in person that there won't be a fine?

Don't worry. As others have mentioned and yes 10baht on your return is fine.

BTW next time use EMS for return as outlined above by @mtls2005

Just had mine returned in 7 days Chiang Mai Immigration,

always reliable,wait another week,they could be busy there.

Did you send tracking ?, if so check on receipt from PO, you

can check online at Thai post website to see if they got it.

regards Worgeordie 

Mine took more than 6 weeks to get the papers back after mail in to CW. Others say about the same. So stay put till week 7 at least.

After that if you have to go in person there will be no fine as long as you have some kind of receipt that you mailed in in time.

1178 is the Imm hotline number to call if you have to. They are pretty prompt in picking up and English is fine.

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You provided a return envelope? With your address? With postage (37 baht EMS preferred, 10 baht OK I think).

You receive mail reliably at your address?

I'd wait at least 7 weeks.

Current reports are 5 - 8 weeks, mine was 50 days.

I had same problem my original envelope turned up unopened weeks later, apparently sending it to the Immigration office(Lak si) as per their site was incorrect! as told by the officer at my Nonthaburi office.

go figure!

11 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I had same problem my original envelope turned up unopened weeks later, apparently sending it to the Immigration office(Lak si) as per their site was incorrect! as told by the officer at my Nonthaburi office.

go figure!

The immigration website states this.

"Incase of The foreigners who reside in Bangkok, make the notification by registered mail at

90 Days Report Section Immigration Division 1 , Immigration Bureau, Chalermprakiat Government Complex B Building120 Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Rd., Soi 7, Toongsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok. 10210"

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

"Incase of The foreigners who reside in Bangkok, make the notification by registered mail at

90 Days Report Section Immigration Division 1 , Immigration Bureau, Chalermprakiat Government Complex B Building120 Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Rd., Soi 7, Toongsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok. 10210"

Yep that's what it says alright and it was sent correctly.

But !!!

(Refer to my post what actually happened)

1 minute ago, FNQ said:

Yep that's what it says alright and it was sent correctly.

But !!!

(Refer to my post what actually happened)

You said your office  is Nonthaburi ? You must mail to Nonthaburi office

1 minute ago, tonray said:

You said your office  is Nonthaburi ? You must mail to Nonthaburi office

Makes sense but

31 minutes ago, FNQ said:

my original envelope turned up unopened weeks later

so, odd that the envelope was returned un-opened. How did Imm/CW know to reject it without opening it?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Slightly different address to what I have. Duly updated. Thanks.

When I mailed to CW  in March, it took 6-7 weeks to get the EMS reply. The online system was not working then. It's working now, right? I went to the site today and it appeared to be functioning but I did not submit because it is not yet time, so could not be sure it is working.

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Nonthaburi.

As already mentioned since you are suppose to use Nonthaburi (i.e., your servicing IO) when CW received your correspondence/90 day report I expect they saw your return address was a Nonthaburi address and didn't waste anytime in opening up your envelope to see what was inside since they wouldn't be able to assist as they are not your servicing IO.   

CW probably gets a fair amount of such correspondence like that from around the country/nearby provinces....mail from people thinking CW is some type of headquarters/central point for immigration related mail.   Probably just their standard policy to return to sender unopened which leaves many wondering why it was returned unopened. 

55 minutes ago, Pib said:

As already mentioned since you are suppose to use Nonthaburi (i.e., your servicing IO) when CW received your correspondence/90 day report I expect they saw your return address was a Nonthaburi address and didn't waste anytime in opening up your envelope to see what was inside since they wouldn't be able to assist as they are not your servicing IO.   

CW probably gets a fair amount of such correspondence like that from around the country/nearby provinces....mail from people thinking CW is some type of headquarters/central point for immigration related mail.   Probably just their standard policy to return to sender unopened which leaves many wondering why it was returned unopened. 

Yep, sort deduced that in the end,  But the Immigration site states CW address only and made no mention of Mailing elsewhere.

Anyway it's sorted now.

30 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Yep, sort deduced that in the end,  But the Immigration site states CW address only and made no mention of Mailing elsewhere.

Anyway it's sorted now.

If you are talking below webpage to Immigration Division 1 (i.e., CW immigration office for Bangkok) keep in mind it's still just for the Bangkok area although it does provide info that's generally applies o apply to all immigration offices

And in their instructions they do say if not residing in Bangkok then to report to to office serving your province (they refer to it as checkpoint in below google translate version)

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/th/notification-of-staying-in-the-kingdom-over-90-days/

image.png.3f280ce3118ff0f36c4c03cdc9272a70.png

image.png.719fba3fb4fc8b1dace0da0fdb792493.png