Problem with 90-day report by post

23 minutes ago, mikeh said:

Just wanted to follow up with my original post: the receipt arrived today - exactly 5 weeks from the date I sent it. Glad that's done for now!

Did they return the photocopies that you sent them. Passport ID page etc etc

7 minutes ago, mikeh said:

No - just the receipt.

So posting this for yourself and others.

So I recently received back my receipt from CW for 90 day report.

I posted using B4 envelope (A3 pages folded in half fit exactly inside. My return envelope also a B4. 

Point to boring detail is that I received back all the photocopies (7 pages) and in addition a new TM47 form for next report. If I had used small envelope for the receipt, I would not have received back these pages.

Very nice service from CW.

BTW next time also do EMS on your return envelope (if you want tracking) 

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So posting this for yourself and others.

So I recently received back my receipt from CW for 90 day report.

I posted using B4 envelope (A3 pages folded in half fit exactly inside. My return envelope also a B4. 

Point to boring detail is that I received back all the photocopies (7 pages) and in addition a new TM47 form for next report. If I had used small envelope for the receipt, I would not have received back these pages.

Very nice service from CW.

BTW next time also do EMS on your return envelope (if you want tracking) 

CW is not consistent in returning all your copies.  I have been doing 90 days reporting by mail to CW for around 4 years now.   For the first 2.5 years or so pretty much every return receipt also included copies I sent.  Then for the next year or so only the receipt came back; none of my copies included.  And for the last six months it has been mostly "no" copies" but a for a couple of the months it did include the copes.   And they always include a blank TM47 for next time.

Over these four years I have always used an A4 envelope to CW (i.e., only need to fold paper in half to fit) and a regular envelope for the return (i.e, fold in thirds).  

And for the last couple mailings the return time has been around 4 weeks instead of around 2 weeks like it use to be.  Yeap...no consistently at all.  

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

for the last couple mailings the return time has been around 4 weeks instead of around 2 weeks like it use to be.  Yeap...no consistently at all

Think you can cut some slack for recent returns. The online option was not available for some months. When back up it still did not work for many folk. Myself included.

Edited by DrJack54