Thai Visa Forum

Latest news on schools reopening

The Ministry of Education (MOE) has issued an announcement "postponing the semester" or opening the semester 2021 from June 1 to another date on June 14, 2021 by reasoning that For the maximum safety of students, teachers, parents 

But at the same time, the announcement of the Ministry of Education It also states that schools or educational institutions in the highest control area (red) and control area (orange) if you want to start the semester first, you can do so by having to pass the readiness assessment criteria of the Ministry of Health and the Provincial Communicable Disease Committee. The highest and strict control area (dark red) in 4 provinces, Bangkok-Nonthaburi-Pathum Thani-Samut Prakan. Teach online-on-air only

Until the time before June 14, 2021, which will be due to open the semester according to the announcement of the MOE. On the other hand, it was found that some provinces Some schools have started to gradually announce that the semester has been postponed. 

Richard Barrow has just tweeted this about the subject.

Schoolclosed.png

Edited by Wilsonandson
Hightlighted text

First semester for academic year 2021 will commence on June 14: education minister

The date was originally set for May 17 but was changed twice – to June 1 and then June 14 – in a bid to curb Covid-19 from spreading.

“The ministry has tasked all schools to prepare for the reopening and adjust their teaching based on one or more of five approaches to suit the situation in their respective area,” she said.

The five approaches are:

1. On-site: schools offer teaching at their facilities as usual.

2. On-demand: teaching is provided via mobile applications.

3. Online: teaching is provided online via the internet.

4. On-hand: lesson and exercise materials are delivered to students at home.

5. On-air: teaching is provided via satellite TV programmes to students in remote areas.

“Schools that choose the on-site approach must prioritise the safety of students from Covid-19 and provide necessary facilities such as hand-washing stations and spaced seating in classrooms to maintain social distancing,” Treenuch said.

“They are also urged to include lessons on Covid-19, such as its nature and how to stay safe from the virus,” she said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001858?fbclid=IwAR01qESDfNWHlZSwQ6i40FYFdPLdUnNkMMLzV7nnm3xCfIeIYG08XE3MGOM

Thank you Brewsterbudgen, I was curious to know what the latest was regarding the reopening after hearing about it just a few hours ago from my Thai wife. Couldn't find out hardly anything on the internet. Then after translating Thai news and then seeing Richard Barrows tweet I thought I can't be the only one who doesn't know the latest. So I thought I'd let everyone know here in this post. I'm retired and living out here with my wife and son. Must be difficult for teachers out here trying to earn a living especially now finding out they don't start back on Monday. I guess they can try working online too.

• Like 1