Travel to Phuket to get motorcycle

monty1412

I live in Hua Hin but need to travel to Phuket to get my motorbike which has been down there for two months .

Would rather fly than be driven  .. if I understand correctly I need negative COVID 19 test within 72 hours of arriving in Phuket  .. is that correct .. is there any other  quarantine or restrictions I will face. Searched  through the forum but seems to be allot of conflicting stories . Appreciate any guidance on this in advance . I will only stay in Phuket two days then ride the bike back to Hua Hin

11 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Believe these are the latest entry requirements:

FB_IMG_1623299451766.jpg.34f4eee4a9aaa62f7f230763d95bad27.jpg

Many thanks...  strange they use the term within 72 hours of departure .. technically you could  get a PCR test a week before and leave in the car and drive to Phuket 2 days after that  and technically be Ok as you have had a test within 72 hours of departure 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, monty1412 said:

Many thanks...  strange they use the term within 72 hours of departure .. technically you could  get a PCR test a week before and leave in the car and drive to Phuket 2 days

Read the bottom part, section 3.  They clarify that for drivers it has to be less than 72 hours before arrival.

Edited by Phillip9
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KKr said:

Albeit much less fun, would it not be easier to ship the bike ?

Quite enjoy the ride back to HH to be honest and there is a certain young lady who would be disappointed if i dont make an appearance 

• Haha 1

When driving back take the route via Ranong, not the Surat Thani way. The road from Ranong to Chumphon is the slower way, but much, much nicer. Great landscape to watch, and ideal for bikes.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:58 PM, hkt83100 said:

When driving back take the route via Ranong, not the Surat Thani way. The road from Ranong to Chumphon is the slower way, but much, much nicer. Great landscape to watch, and ideal for bikes.

yep thanks done it many a time.. thanks