what is this stamp about??

was comparing visa  markings with my neighbor  as he claimed he has a multi-entry retirement visa, and he would not need re-entry permit to to come back. Visa stamp he has is normal non-O, same as I have, issued in Thailand (come in with 30 day waiver, apply retirement visa in Pattaya immigration).

He paid a premium fee for agent due to circumstances at the time to get the retirement visa.

But he has this one stamp I don't - what is the meaning of this? Some special multi-entry stamp valid for rest of his life or what??

20210610_160329.jpg

Edited by mran66

I have never seen a stamp exactly like that.

It appears to be approval of a non immigrant visa application done by Immigration Division 3 received and approved on  March 31st of last year.

It certainly is does not mean he does not need a re-entry permit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This stamp is from the conversion from a visa exempt or a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa. (I have the same stamp in my passport, just stating another purpose, so I'm certain about this)

Has nothing to do with re-entry.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

reason: "Chai chee-wit ton plan"  roughly "retirement" or "living out the rest of your days"

I've seen that before in cases of older Thais who mistakenly enter Thailand on their 'other' country passport and thus have to do those 90 day reports like 'real' foreigners.    Not sure what it's classified as legally visa wise.      

12 minutes ago, Heng said:

I've seen that before in cases of older Thais who mistakenly enter Thailand on their 'other' country passport and thus have to do those 90 day reports like 'real' foreigners.  

In this cased it is a approval stamp for non-o visa application based upon retirement. The person who has in his passport would now have a one year extension of stay based upon retirement that the visa allowed him to apply for.

I think the person that has it in his passport was confused by the part that says to stay for life when translated to English.

14 hours ago, Heng said:

reason: "Chai chee-wit ton plan"  roughly "retirement" or "living out the rest of your days"

I've seen that before in cases of older Thais who mistakenly enter Thailand on their 'other' country passport and thus have to do those 90 day reports like 'real' foreigners.    Not sure what it's classified as legally visa wise.      

"Chai cheewit ban plai" is just the standard term that immigration uses in all of its statistical reports to refer to "retirement" (even though no one uses it in normal speech).