Phuket pubs, bars to stay closed for July 1 Sandbox reopening

webfact

16 minutes ago, Elkski said:

How were bookings looking?   

Not to bad for later in the year we've been getting a few inquiries but it's always the same questions "whats happening" I have one condo which is full for the next month,

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Beam me up Scotty, I've heard enough!

On another note, why should anybody expect going on holiday to have bars, restaurants, discos open, I mean it's just selfish!.....and make sure you mask up going to the beach or it's 20,000 baht fine!

Avoid the airport guys, it's going to be a busy one with all these tourists flocking in.

images.jpg

More like flicking out of Thailand 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Thats great, we just had a message in the night from a guest they have cancelled they will look for somewhere else to go, 

So that's only 2,999,999 foreign arrivals then, based on yesterday's data projection. Still waiting for today's update from TAT, possibly 8 million today.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Chinese are not coming to Thailand because they have been TOLD  to holiday at home!......cha ching!

don't be so sure about that

I have suspected for a couple of weeks that there are behind the scenes talks going on with Chinese officials in order to tailor these rules to satisfy them

52 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

The more I read, the more I am convinced the only way out is vaccination. Lockdowns, social distancing, closing bars, etc., are not sustainable and enforceable in the long run. I am already seeing bars in Pattaya open with falangs drinking iced beer, no social distancing, no masks. Not justifying the Pattaya falang and Thai ber owners's disregard for rules just pointing out the reality of the situation.  

Bangkok too. Recently been imbibing in beer, babes & billiards under above conditions in 2 bars in BKK. Wonderful to have a bit of normalcy and human interaction again! People are OVER IT. 

• Like 2

Perhaps there never has been a 'sandbox' tourist  project - a friend of mine in London was trying to get a tourist visa using the 'sandbox' program and the Thai Embassy in London has never been officially informed of that operation.  To this day, the Embassy only knows what is in the news. 

• Like 1

Guess who was responsible for allowing 3 big  party venues to open on Phuket over a long weekend ( including Cafe del <deleted>  )  and unleashing a new wave of Covid upon Phuket ?

Guess who is  not doing that again ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not to bad for later in the year we've been getting a few inquiries but it's always the same questions "whats happening" I have one condo which is full for the next month,

i wonder how you can have booking from people coming from july ? from what i understand they HAVE TO stay in a certified hotel for 2 weeks so they cant book airbnb /condos /villas ?