Volunteers wanted for research on mixing Covid vaccines

webfact

te2.jpg

By Pear Maneechote

The Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology at Chulalongkorn University is looking for volunteers who have had two different types of Covid-19 vaccine, its chief announced on Thursday.

The institute has now opened registration for people who have received one each of the Sinovac and AstraZeneca jabs, Dr Yong Poovorawan, a top virologist leading the country’s Covid-19 situation, posted on Facebook.

Volunteers must wait at least a month after the second dose to be tested on their immune response. 

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28423/volunteers-wanted-for-research-on-mixing-covid-vaccines/

ti.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology at Chulalongkorn University is looking for volunteers who have had two different types of Covid-19 vaccine, its chief announced on Thursday.

Prayut & Anutin are safe then...

2 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

i am getting my AZ jab next week and i don't see how i can get 2nd jab on time, that's why i registered for Moderna in October. J&J would be a perfect vaccine in this situation, since it's required only one jab, but it's too late now. Then we are looking at 6 month booster (which is now questioned by virologists, as they think it's just a pharma exec trying to sell more vaccine), in any case, one jab of any vaccine is better than none.

A tad nonsensical, do you think Governments will seriously just accept commentary on boosters without getting several opinions? The world is struggling just getting the first vaccines distributed as it is. Who comes up with this garbage? Where did you read that?

I am not saying boosters won't ever be needed, I am questioning the reason you put forward, viroligists make that call, always, not sales people. 555

Edited by chalawaan