Thailand reports 2,290 COVID-19 cases, 27 new deaths

webfact

COVID11.jpg
FILE PHOTO: A woman from Klong Toey community receives coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine, in Bangkok, Thailand, May 4, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Friday (June 11) reported 2,290 new COVID-19 cases and 27 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 1,996 new infections

● 294 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 189,828 with 1,402 deaths.

The news comes as the Delta (Indian) variant of COVID-19 has spread to 11 provinces in Thailand, with 348 people found to be infected to date, including 318 cases in Bangkok alone, according to Dr. Supakit Sirilak, director-general of the Thai Medical Sciences Department.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-11

198606116_342741544010843_6286517481455727774_n.jpg

• Haha 1

#COVID19 UPDATE on FRIDAY:

27 deaths and 2,290 cases (294 from prisons).

Full details at 12:30pm #Thailand

6 June: 2,671 - 23 dead

7 June: 2,419 - 33 dead

8 June: 2,662 - 28 dead

9 June: 2,680 - 35 dead

10 June: 2,310 - 43 dead

11 June: 2,290 - 27 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1403156362884878336

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

The news comes as the Delta (Indian) variant of COVID-19 has spread to 11 provinces in Thailand, with 348 people found to be infected to date

Less than 9% of cases.

The English variant still making up 88% of detected cases and killing hundreds of Thais.

I wonder if you can be infected with both variants simultaneously?

• Sad 1

The two most significant metrics for me are the number of walk-in cases, and the number of clusters in the Bangkok area. If the former is at its usual number, but the latter is lower, then today’s drop is just probably a random fluctuation. Tomorrow, more clusters will be found and the numbers would go up in that case.

I believe that, in lieu of random testing, the authorities are using hospital walk-ins to find clusters. If walk-in numbers don’t drop, then the number of clusters will remain at the same high level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Less than 9% of cases.

The English variant still making up 88% of detected cases and killing hundreds of Thais.

Typically, a person can only be infected once. In rare cases, two viruses will merge, causing a new type of virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How many of those that died did so outside of the hospital and at home.  I keep seeing those reports on the news.  They have also been reporting this morning those that have died after being vaccinated as well.  It would be nice to hear from the government on this as well.  The only report I ever saw on this indicated that 12 of the 29 deaths stated as happening after being vaccinated, were not vaccine related.  However the article states that there were a few who suffered heart attacks, and then Thrombosis, which is and has been stated as a cause of death from the vaccine, at least the AZ one in other countries.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Less than 9% of cases.

Yes you can get infected with both simultaneously, its already happened in Vietnam they have a new UK-Indian Hybrid and they suspect it was caused directly because of that. Vietnam a country which has less than 400 cases daily. It does not need a country to be ravaged to create mutations.

That is why Thailand needs to be very careful especially in quarantine facilities, bubble and seal worker camps and of course with the South African variant they have already found down south where the villages there are still locked down.

The vaccines effectiveness for the Indian strain is far less and the strain is 40 - 60% more contagious than the UK variant.

Its in over 11 provinces at the moment and thats just the ones they know about through sequencing. 

49 minutes ago, champers said:

Will we ever see a photo of someone over 60 getting a jab?

My Mrs asked if the nephew (Thai) can stay a few days en-route to Bangkok and joining the army.... he has had both jabs, so no problem. He was a student before and is only 18, how does that happen?

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many of those that died did so outside of the hospital and at home.  I keep seeing those reports on the news.  They have also been reporting this morning those that have died after being vaccinated as well.  It would be nice to hear from the government on this as well.  The only report I ever saw on this indicated that 12 of the 29 deaths stated as happening after being vaccinated, were not vaccine related.  However the article states that there were a few who suffered heart attacks, and then Thrombosis, which is and has been stated as a cause of death from the vaccine, at least the AZ one in other countries.  

If 17 of the 29 deaths are related to the vaccine after so few vaccines have been administered then that seems to to me to be unusually high compared to Oz which has had 2 deaths and have both countries have administered similar numbers of vaccines.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs asked if the nephew (Thai) can stay a few days en-route to Bangkok and joining the army.... he has had both jabs, so no problem. He was a student before and is only 18, how does that happen?

Army uber alles.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand has not reported how it classifies covid deaths, at least I've never seen it?

If its anything like its reporting of road deaths then they are only those who died at the scene and not after the fact even though many more die through injury later.

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That is why Thailand needs to be very careful especially in quarantine facilities, bubble and seal worker camps and of course with the South African variant they have already found down south where the villages there are still locked down.

Thanks for sharing that knowledge Brian. 

But shouldn't nearly a countries be doing that or is Thailand different in some way?

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Try looking at today's news, not yesterday's.

That's listed as today on their site. Date stamped June 11th at 8 am per the Publich Healrh Minister reporting on Friday morning.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

A few days ago it was projected that Phuket would see around 3m tourists this year and today Kasikorn Research states a possible 1.2m this year.

I wish they'd make up their mind.

The Phuket sandbox campaign, which kicks off on July 1, could bring in up to 1.2 million foreign tourists until the year-end, according to a recent prediction by Kasikorn Research Centre

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001911

• Like 1
  • Haha 1