Thailand reports 2,290 COVID-19 cases, 27 new deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Thanks for sharing that knowledge Brian. 

But shouldn't nearly a countries be doing that or is Thailand different in some way?

Thailand is different in that it provides field hospitals to all infected people so mixing them together, it is also different in its approach to bubble and seal where they lock in those infected with those who are also healthy. So the potential for a new variant to form in those conditions is heightened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

A few days ago it was projected that Phuket would see around 3m tourists this year and today Kasikorn Research states a possible 1.2m this year.

I wish they'd make up their mind.

The Phuket sandbox campaign, which kicks off on July 1, could bring in up to 1.2 million foreign tourists until the year-end, according to a recent prediction by Kasikorn Research Centre

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001911

It is projection. 

People's projections differ. 

I project the Bombers will win the flag this year.

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Less than 9% of cases.

The English variant still making up 88% of detected cases and killing hundreds of Thais.

I wonder if you can be infected with both variants simultaneously?

I find it strange that the two strains supposedly much more transmissible (ten times estimated by UK authorities) than the original strain, are spreading throughout Thailand province by province, and yet overall cases of Covid are declining. There just seems a disconnect somewhere.

the Alpha and Delta strains ravaged England, particularly the former, but it’s effect on Thailand is seemingly muted. Or is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

After a 6 weeks absence the testing numbers have reappeared on our world in data.The last report on 24th April was 0.95 per 1000 and the highest since then was 0.97 per 1000 on the 31st May they now seem to be heading down again.

FC19701F-E10F-45E7-BBD8-9FDDFEB24815.jpeg.d64bd06ca3dff316af81a29cbeba6e51.jpeg

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing#how-many-tests-are-performed-each-day

It  looks to me, that if this Graph Chart was overlaid upon the Cases Positive chart, the Positives are found before they are tested. ( late May - present )

I would have expected something like more tests than positives, but the charts have very similar profiles.

Strange

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, retsdon said:

I'm in quarantine and they're testing me 3 times over 15 days. Having had 2 Pfizer shots earlier this year and another test before getting on the plane, I'd posit that as expensive overkill.

Conversely, I dont mind betting that the group of street people who live on the side of the klong outside my window and who most afternoons get drunk from a communally shared ice bucket and straw (the ice being bought from the local shop house general store) will never, ever, get tested nor will they ever otherwise show up in any government Covid statistics - probably not even if they were to die from it.

I wonder if it's the same for the locals who test positive and then go into medical detention.

56 minutes ago, retsdon said:

I'm in quarantine and they're testing me 3 times over 15 days. Having had 2 Pfizer shots earlier this year and another test before getting on the plane, I'd posit that as expensive overkill.

Conversely, I dont mind betting that the group of street people who live on the side of the klong outside my window and who most afternoons get drunk from a communally shared ice bucket and straw (the ice being bought from the local shop house general store) will never, ever, get tested nor will they ever otherwise show up in any government Covid statistics - probably not even if they were to die from it.

Farangs in quarantine are a relatively small number, and testing for quarantine is not typical of testing for the general population.

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

053DA373-F23C-438A-AB8E-796DEDCD2C5F.jpeg

The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 47 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, June 11th.

This makes a total of 5,247 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 872 still in medical care, and with a total of 30 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.

Additionally, 4,345 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 58 people were released yesterday.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/chonburi-covid-19-cases-drop-to-47/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The Thais are a very caring people, especially when it comes to the elderly. Plus they got onto it a lot quicker and the government put in a lot of restrictions that Boris wouldn't do for fear of losing votes.

We haven't seen protesters out in the streets like in the UK marching against lockdowns, protesting against mask wearing, not being able to go to the pub etc etc and then there are the anti vaxxer weirdoes. There is always a high percentage of Brits who will oppose anything as it is their "human right". Karens on every corner.

Every step of the way they have resisted what the virologists recommended almost cult like. The USA and Brazil were similar and as a result the infections and death numbers are huge. They wouldn't be told.

Me, me, me. 

Selfish.

The vast majority of Thais have accepted what the doctors have told them and behaved accordingly. Even the students protesting against the government were smart enough to see the bigger picture and pulled their heads in. For now.

We, we, we.

Sensible.

It even goes to leadership.

Last March Anutin was out handing out free masks to the people and there was a huge awareness here. A month later Boris Johnson was in covid wards UK unmasked shaking everyone's hands spreading it around and Donald Trump was mocking people for wearing masks. 

The differences seen is largely down to leadership and attitudes of the people.

Not so sure about that rob. The UK and Boris in particular cocked up monumentally at the beginning, there’s no doubt about that. But my sister lives in England, as does my son and daughter in law. They have been under house quarantine for months. I used to call them and they were literally going stir crazy. That eased toward the end of last month, although there are still some restrictions in place.

the reason why I say all this is that since March, my sister has been under far more severe restrictions than I have in Phuket. I have always been able to roam around Thailand other than one short period last March.

I’m not so sure that Thailand has beaten off the Alpha and Delta strains just yet. My money is more on the fact that the Thai’s aren’t testing enough to find what’s there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Farangs in quarantine are a relatively small number, and testing for quarantine is not typical of testing for the general population.

I think that is the point he is making. A lot of test are for people in quarantine and it indicates nothing in terms of the general population, most of whom will never get tested.

• Like 1

If I recall, all previous reports where a death has occurred after receiving a vaccine dose hasn't mentioned the type of vaccine until recently when AstraZeneca has been named.

An autopsy is being conducted on the body of a 60-year-old lawyer, who died after receiving the first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine at Krabi Hospital on June 8. The autopy result to determine the cause of his death will be known in three days.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1403206645891567619

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

A number of posts referring to the possibly incorrect number of reported deaths for today have been removed.

The Bangkok Post reported a different number to the government. The Bangkok Post have since corrected their report.

A graphic with no attribution has been removed. If you post graphics containing graphs, charts or statistics, please also post a link to the source.

The

@oc_ccsa

is mulling to cancel mandatory state quarantine for arrivals from abroad, claiming less people entering and leaving Thailand (and those that do multiple times), causing “financial burden”. Instead (exceptions notwithstanding), they should pay their own ASQ.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1403219481543905280

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 47 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, June 11th.

This makes a total of 5,247 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 872 still in medical care, and with a total of 30 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.

Additionally, 4,345 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 58 people were released yesterday.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/chonburi-covid-19-cases-drop-to-47/

Time to open the gyms.

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday:

Since 1 April 2021 160,965 people infected (+30 imported cases & +2,260 local cases)

1,308 dead +27

43,428 in care

1,287 in ICU & 352 on ventilators

5,711 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1403224255056121856

More bubble and seals coming up in Trang:

42 industrial factories that have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Trang province to start measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Participatory industrial factory or Bubble and seal for 28 days to prevent germs from entering and prevent infection to the outside if found infected employees

https://twitter.com/TichilaThaipbs/status/1403207655708000260

Of the 2,290 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 1,334 were found at medical facilities

- 632 via pro-active tests at known clusters

- 294 via pro-active tests at 14 prisons

- 30 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1403225021359607808

• Thanks 2

Today there are 27 deaths in #Thailand:

15 males & 12 females

Median age is 67 (48-94 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (17), Pathum Thani (2), Samut Sakhon (2), plus 6 provinces with one each

6 were infected from family

5 had no underlying diseases

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1403226610396848128

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A total of 1.44 million Covid-vaccine was administered between June 7 and 10. That means that 4.14 million Thais have now been inoculated against the virus.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1403224314069929984

Not fully inoculated but many with a first vaccination, still need that second one....

• Like 1

Out of the 1,966 local cases (outside of prisons) most in

Bangkok - 942

Samut Prakan - 173

Nonthaburi - 102

Samut Sakhon - 98

Nakhon Pathom - 83

Songkhla - 70

Phetchaburi - 56

Pathum Thani - 50

Chonburi - 47

Chanthaburi - 37