Foreigners in Thailand can register for COVID-19 vaccine from June 14

webfact

I live in the Rangsit Pathumthani Thani area and I have been trying for awhile to register.

As I am 70 and have a Abdominal Aortic Anyurisium, but it is an impossible task as I can not find anything about registration for the vaccine. Everything seems to be to do with those in and around Bangkok.

I tried the link mentioned in this but I have been unable to register again. The lack of information about registration for those who live elsewhere in the country is diabolical. My wife and step daughter can't even find out any information as to where I can register. If I could get on a plane and go I seriously think I would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MacF said:

I live in the Rangsit Pathumthani Thani area and I have been trying for awhile to register.

As I am 70 and have a Abdominal Aortic Anyurisium, but it is an impossible task as I can not find anything about registration for the vaccine. Everything seems to be to do with those in and around Bangkok.

I tried the link mentioned in this but I have been unable to register again. The lack of information about registration for those who live elsewhere in the country is diabolical. My wife and step daughter can't even find out any information as to where I can register. If I could get on a plane and go I seriously think I would.

Unfortunately, at present, nobody is able to register .......As I used to live around there... Not far from Soi Mitsubishi is a large hospital, but I don't recall the name of it, maybe it'worth giving a call there?????  Boum.. that was my Ram memory.. Vibavadi Hospital.

A lot of activity in this thread 2 weeks ago, when the registration site opened !

- Has anyone had their appointment honoured and got their shot as booked ?

- I was able to book an appointment for 29/6 but never got any confirmation communication. The intervac site now appears to be fully locked down, so I can't seem to check or confirm my booking. I suppose I will have to call the hospital directly !

If anyone has any experiences to share post-booking process, I am sure many will be interested !

On 6/11/2021 at 7:38 PM, DefaultName said:

I'm one of the ones who got through on the last version.  I'm hoping that on the new version I can change it to one nearer home.  Not expecting mind you, but hoping,

Yes, if a non-Bangkok hospital or two were added to the list, I bet many would like to change. Shouldn't be allowed!......

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, if a non-Bangkok hospital or two were added to the list, I bet many would like to change. Shouldn't be allowed!......

Are you suggesting, we ' country boys ' from Pattaya are supposed to be coming all the way to the Big City????????

Just now, jomtienisgood said:

Are you suggesting, we ' country boys ' from Pattaya are supposed to be coming all the way to the Big City????????

No... and I am in Pattaya area too by the way. 

But if one makes a booking for Bangkok, I feel they should be obliged to utilize it, and not mess the system about trying to change it at a later date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No... and I am in Pattaya area too by the way. 

But if one makes a booking for Bangkok, I feel they should be obliged to utilize it, and not mess the system about trying to change it at a later date. 

Absolutely agree 100(0)%. Just noticed you're a local too. 5555

• Like 1

Not only the foreigners also the Thai people face a situation which is not reflected in the daily updates at 12h30 on TV where the audience is bombarded with statistics.

- my 91 year old Thai mother-in-law could not get a registration in the local hospital of the area where she lives (Ramintra) and she was told to go to The Mall Ladprao .......but she needs a wheelchair and we still need to find out how to bring her to the new vaccination site.

- the local authorities of Pathum Thani are fed up and have started registration for their own Thai population with the Sinopharm vaccine which they will provide on their own budget. Somebody in the national government should take notice.  My Thai wife is registered to get this Chinese vaccine in a shopping mall on Tiwanond Road.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why not?  If I change to Pattaya, a slot opens up in Bangkok for someone there who needs it and can't travel.  I can, but there's no point if a swap can be made.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience.

That's pretty funny.  I think it's safe to say that the intervac sites have lost ALL credibility.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

That's pretty funny.  I think it's safe to say that the intervac sites have lost ALL credibility.

Did they ever have any ,i registered weeks ago ,never heard any more ,still my what we are always told "useless" pink card worked a treat on mor prom .

On 6/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, MacF said:

I already registered Mor Thom in the hospital for AZ on 29 July, as well Municipality for Sinopharm (still waiting). Done in Pathum Thani.

Edited by macgver

9 hours ago, realfunster said:

A lot of activity in this thread 2 weeks ago, when the registration site opened !

- Has anyone had their appointment honoured and got their shot as booked ?

- I was able to book an appointment for 29/6 but never got any confirmation communication. The intervac site now appears to be fully locked down, so I can't seem to check or confirm my booking. I suppose I will have to call the hospital directly !

If anyone has any experiences to share post-booking process, I am sure many will be interested !

The normal procedure is as follows:

About a day before 29th you get a confirmation mail. It may arrive at night. 

Some people got postponed, like for a day. It seems everybody who got an appointment through thailandintervac got a shot. 

If you don't get a mail call the hospital.  Ask if you are on their list for the following day. If you are on their list you get a shot. If not, no.

They get their list about one day in advance. There is no point calling the hospital now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Why not?  If I change to Pattaya, a slot opens up in Bangkok for someone there who needs it and can't travel.  I can, but there's no point if a swap can be made.

Because it reduces the efficiency of the whole process. If you can't travel why make the booking? You originally block someone else who cannot travel.  You think they have nothing better to do than shuffle bookings around for people who cannot make up their minds! It is confused enough!

42 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Yes I have had mine (from ThaiIntervac registration). The confirmation email came the day before the appointment.

Thanks mate - that’s good to know, I am due next week but not heard a peep since booking a couple of weeks ago !

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Thanks mate - that’s good to know, I am due next week but not heard a peep since booking a couple of weeks ago !

Don't worry. Still plenty time. If it works at the same speed as the ' sandbox ' regulations ....????

14 hours ago, macgver said:

I already registered Mor Thom in the hospital for AZ on 29 July, as well Municipality for Sinopharm (still waiting). Done in Pathum Thani.

I didn't know you could choose your vaccine brand on Mor Prom. This option was not available to me, when I registered.

This past week - we got sms messages day before around 11:2am confirming our appointments, not email as previous people! Others in this post last week had an sms the same!

2 hrs i was done, very busy yesterday! I had booked AZ vaccine!

After succesfull register at Thailandintervac about 3 weeks ago i got email 4 days before appoinment at MedPark.

Yesterday(25 june) got my first Sinovac. Next one 16 july. Arived at 13:30 after 2 1/2 hour i left the hospital.

Many people for vaccination there, but a smooth process.

No side effects.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

I'm booked for Monday 28th and got a confirmation SMS this morning. No email yet. May get that tomorrow. Just mentioning as I'm not sure why some get an Email  and some an SMS. 

14 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It's such a stark contrast to read reports here on TVF from Bangkok expats on how well the rollout is proceeding for them, compared to the rest of the country.  I hadn't really noticed that before now since I was so focused on how things are going in my own province, Chonburi. 

Perhaps things will improve here in Chonburi once the Bangkok outbreaks are more under control. 

There's still no excuse for InterVac not allowing expats to register in the meantime, and no excuse for the CCSA being totally silent for the last couple of weeks (or forever really) about the expat registration status of other provinces,  but at least these reports offer a glimmer of hope for those of us in other provinces.

Not only Expets are not getting vaccinated....