Thai Road Tax via Online

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But you can also do it at 7/11 (you need a Thai ID card to put in the card reader, but the ID card can be of anybody, doesn't have to be the owner of the vehicle), you can also buy the compulsory insurance there.

Do they also update the green/blue book at 7/11  or do you have to make a separate trip to the DLT for that ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Only possible if the vehicle is registered under a Thai ID number (Thai ID card, or Pink ID card), because in the app you have to input the owner's Thai ID number, entering a passport number isn't possible, just tried this two weeks ago.

But you can also do it at 7/11 (you need a Thai ID card to put in the card reader, but the ID card can be of anybody, doesn't have to be the owner of the vehicle), you can also buy the compulsory insurance there.

Will they do the MOT test if vehicle is over 6 years old? Or check motor bike exhausts & lights.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Only possible if the vehicle is registered under a Thai ID number (Thai ID card, or Pink ID card), because in the app you have to input the owner's Thai ID number, entering a passport number isn't possible, just tried this two weeks ago.

Thank you very much, Cheers

You can now pay the road tax online for car and bikes over 6 years old that needed inspection now, just have to had the inspection done within 90 days, it used to be that for cars that needed inspection, you could only pay at DLT. the inspection system is online for sometime now, meaning that theoretically DLT can check the video of your cars undergoing inspection

On 6/11/2021 at 12:33 PM, jackdd said:

But if over I think 3 years old has to be inspected.... right?  Thanks all

8 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to share the app or online URL so that those of us who qualify can try it out!

I just typed into the App Store search bar … Land Transport Office Thailand  … I think three Apps came up and one was Road Tax…

20 hours ago, johng said:

5 years for a motorbike 7 years for trucks and cars.

What date is used to determine the 7 years. Is it from the date registered in the blue book.  So if you tax just before the 7th anniversary of the registration you get another year before testing is required?

17 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

The local MOT place does mine, I take the cars in, they MOT them, take the blue book, compulsory insurance copy and fee and I pick up the new tax disk from them the next day.

I do the same 200b fee inspection, no queuing or waiting, i also buy my private insurance from them, given a receipt to show cops if stopped, pay 50b extra sent back to me in a couple of days by EMS.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What date is used to determine the 7 years. Is it from the date registered in the blue book.  So if you tax just before the 7th anniversary of the registration you get another year before testing is required?

I would have 'logically' thought it would be seven years from the vehicle first hitting the road.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, KannikaP said:

I would have 'logically' thought it would be seven years from the vehicle first hitting the road.

from the date of registration in the blue/green book, which could be months after you drove it off the dealer.

you can't game the system by renewing early the year before inspection is required either, they'd know that for the coming year's tax, inspection is needed, and you could only pay 90 days in advance, and the date starts of the same day as registration so you don't lose any days the next year if you pay earlier