Sinopharm jabs to be available in two weeks, registration starts Monday

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

No.

If you register for Thai government vaccine program, you get Sinovac or Astra Zeneca. If you register at Chulabhorn hospital, you get Sinopharm. If you register at Thonburi Hospital, you get Moderna. Not yet sure who or when would distribute JJ and Pfizer, but that won't be until late in the year. Moderna will be available in October some time.

Government vaccine program is free. Chulabhorn charges 888 baht+hospital fees (times 2), I think. Thonburi Hospital (and other private hospitals to follow, apparently), charges 1800 baht+hospital fees (times 2).

So while you can't ask for something they don't have, you can choose where you get vaccinated, which then determines by what.

Good update, thanks.

A post with a video from an unapproved social media site has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

• Like 1

Already registered for that one weeks back, now that one was a waste of time as well, to add to mor prom and so far thailandunivax. Also, registered with 3 hospitals never heard from again and tried the local moo baan register, not for foreigner there. Outside chance of a jab on Monday- if they have a delivery, but again not sure about foreigner. Could it have been managed any worse?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Anyone signing up for this jab should be put on suicide watch!

Why? It has a better reputation than Sinovac

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's the advantage of this dodgy one over the other dodgy one?

From my understanding, a better efficacy rating than Sinovac.

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can't see a stampede for this one.

Maybe give it to prisoners, migrant workers, stateless people, the odd foreigner?

I am no defender of the Chinese, but what I am not understanding here, if you presently have no inoculation at all or protection against Covid19 serious symptoms such as hospitalization, why not agree to any WHO registered vaccine?

Sinovac has an efficacy rating above 50%, and Sinopharm around 70% , Why wouldn't you not accept this as being better than 0%? and get a booster as soon as you can of one of the western vaccines?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can't see a stampede for this one.

Maybe give it to prisoners, migrant workers, stateless people, the odd foreigner?

And individuals who do not want either mRNA or androvirus-vector gene-therapy vaccine and prefer to opt for an older, proven vaccine technology using inactive-viruses.

Well it is supposedly better than Sinovac on paper, but be my guest if that is your choice of jab to make you feel safe in these hard times.

No thanks!

Copied from Wikepedia. China National Pharmaceutical Group - Wikipedia

China National Pharmaceutical Group
Sinopharm logo, with bilingual name on the right
Sinopharm
Type state-owned enterprise
Founded November 26, 1998
Headquarters
Beijing
China
Area served
China, exported worldwide
Key people
Guo Jianxin (Chairman & Party Committee Secretary)[1][2]
Revenue Increase CN¥247.110 billion (2014)
Increase CN¥8.758 billion (2014)
Increase CN¥2.705 billion (2014)
Total assets Increase CN¥199.192 billion (2014)
Total equity Increase CN¥31.944 billion (2014)
Owner Chinese central government (100%)
Parent SASAC of the State Council

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Well it is supposedly better than Sinovac on paper, but be my guest if that is your choice of jab to make you feel safe in these hard times.

No thanks!

Copied from Wikepedia. China National Pharmaceutical Group - Wikipedia

China National Pharmaceutical Group
Sinopharm
Type state-owned enterprise
Founded November 26, 1998
Headquarters
Beijing
China
Area served
China, exported worldwide
Key people
Guo Jianxin (Chairman & Party Committee Secretary)[1][2]
Revenue Increase CN¥247.110 billion (2014)
Increase CN¥8.758 billion (2014)
Increase CN¥2.705 billion (2014)
Total assets Increase CN¥199.192 billion (2014)
Total equity Increase CN¥31.944 billion (2014)
Owner Chinese central government (100%)
Parent SASAC of the State Council

I did read, after 6 months, you can have a different vaccine......might be an idea to go sinopharm/sinovac now.......and then Moderna December time?????

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I did read, after 6 months, you can have a different vaccine......might be an idea to go sinopharm/sinovac now.......and then Moderna December time?????

Everyone needs to weigh out their own situation and feelings and principles and then go from there. If you feel you are in a hot risky situation and it will alleviate big worry then do what is best for you. For me and my family we are definitely not going there what so ever as we have decided that we can wait no problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Everyone needs to weigh out their own situation and feelings and principles and then go from there. If you feel you are in a hot risky situation and it will alleviate big worry then do what is best for you. For me and my family we are definitely not going there what so ever as we have decided that we can wait no problem.

Agree.....we live in Khlong Toei........probably go for sinovac, if no other options pop up, then Moderna at Xmas......

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Agree.....we live in Khlong Toei........probably go for sinovac, if no other options pop up, then Moderna at Xmas......

Sounds like you prefer to wait for a better alternative, but if you feel can't wait then you are the one responsible for your health and welfare. Good luck and hope it works out the way you really want it to unfold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any data on Sinopharm ??

Any country reporting its use ?

Any trials done ?

Loads and loads of trials... In UAE I joined the phase 3 trial back in August last year along with 30,000 others... 

Its the default vaccine in the country and is available free to everyone above age of 16.

Been approved by WHO. It's deactivated virus technique... Anecdotally across all my friends and colleagues (everyone has had the jab) the main side effect is a day or so or tiredness and nothing else. 

• Thanks 1