Sinopharm jabs to be available in two weeks, registration starts Monday

snoop1130

No vaccine is a magic bullet.  I would think that if someone wants a jab and they have access to a WHO and nationally approved vaccine, choosing not to because of subjective idea of dodginess seems unjustified. 

My own plan is to get another brand vaccine in a few months time also. 

(written on my Chinese Huawei phone - best Ive ever owned!) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Funny how Chinese vaccines available now, or in this case, two weeks.  Yet for the most effective ones—sometime by year end…

A Toyota is available off the shelf, a Maybach is build for you. Pretty easy.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, mtls2005 said:

Can't see a stampede for this one.

Maybe give it to prisoners, migrant workers, stateless people, the odd foreigner?

Sure, if they have 888 baht for the vaccine.  

Has anyone thought it odd that well-respected, well-connected Chulaborn Institute is importing Sinopharm! And then have the gall to charge for it. Surely they have the means to import more effective vaccines.

Hope this vax goes to migrant workers, factory & construction labourers and prisoners...for free. Just saying.

3 hours ago, SportRider said:

No vaccine is a magic bullet.  I would think that if someone wants a jab and they have access to a WHO and nationally approved vaccine, choosing not to because of subjective idea of dodginess seems unjustified. 

My own plan is to get another brand vaccine in a few months time also. 

(written on my Chinese Huawei phone - best Ive ever owned!) 

Nice phones but lousy vaccines.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any data on Sinopharm ??

Any country reporting its use ?

Any trials done ?

Try here - although it admits there limited data on over-60s though.
https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

I have been offered Sinopharm by the back door in the next few weeks, but I am unsure as I am registered for AZ at the National Chest institute around the corner from  me which I would prefer to have.

The reason I was offered Sinopharm is that my wife's sister, who has a PhD in Biochemistry, works for a cosmetics company who want to vaccinate all their employees and their families and my wife and I have been added to the list, as well as other family members.  

We have to pay something over 1,600 baht each plus hospital charges, but it looks as though 

As I said, I am a little twitchy about it, but I suppose any vaccine is better than no vaccine.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Anyone signing up for this jab should be put on suicide watch!

Actually, it makes more sense, if not a lot,  to say that anyone refusing the Sinopharm if that's all that's on offer should be put on a suicide watch.

• Like 1