A guide to Thailand’s 3 vaccination paths

snoop1130

3-paths-to-vaccine_web.png

(Photo by Frederic J. BROWN / AFP)

Adults in Thailand, including foreign expats, now have three paths to COVID-19 vaccination, getting a free shot through government schemes, getting a free shot arranged by the private sector, or booking a paid shot at their chosen location.

From Tuesday, the COVID-19 Situation Administration Centre (CCSA) authorized other relevant state organizations to work together with the Disease Control Department, the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, the National Vaccine Institute and the Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) to procure/import vaccines. The private sector may join such procurement process.

The move came less than two weeks after CRA announced it was importing Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine as an alternative for the public.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-guide-to-thailands-3-vaccination-paths/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-06-11

14 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Adults in Thailand, including foreign expats, now have three paths to COVID-19 vaccination, getting a free shot through government schemes, getting a free shot arranged by the private sector, or booking a paid shot at 

a shooting gallery .? 

more shots than a tequila distillery ..

but fear not my mate was shot a 100 times with a staple gun at the sofa factory where he works ..

but he's fully recovered now so getting jabbed with two vaccines whenever that may be should be a breeze .. 

• Haha 1

Is it harmful to be Vaxxed twice ?  If, at the time only the Chinese is available (which I read is 60% effective) & your in the over 70 bad heart cat etc--  then latter you have privately sourced Moderna, Can you then have that jab as well.

Thanks

* I guess  should ask Sheryl

Edited by sanuk711

wifes cousin(doctor in Bangkok) has booked us in for moderna shots at her hospital in september but having to travel to Bangkok twice makes it a problem, will see if I can book into a local private hospital for the shots instead

40 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Not sure why people are trying to wait for Moderna, chances are tje Moderna will all be booked up by the politicians, army and assorted Hi So's who have already been double jabbed. They of course will be front of the Moderna queue as well.

Moderna is chargeable, available only in "for-profit" places. By the time second shot is due, free Pfizer will likely be available at public hospitals, procured by Health Ministry. I think your scenario is quite unlikely.

• Like 1

who said comedy is dead? ???? flip flop, new plan, cancel old one, another 200 million ordered, Mor Prom cancelled, App for foreigner cancelled, vaccination centres for foreigner in Bkk cancelled, univax site more a lottery to get a date, CRA appointments cancelled. Many turning up with Mor Prom appts turned away- not for foreigner. Well you have to laugh ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Is it harmful to be Vaxxed twice ?  If, at the time only the Chinese is available (which I read is 60% effective) & your in the over 70 bad heart cat etc--  then latter you have privately sourced Moderna, Can you then have that jab as well.

Thanks

Probably yes.

But nobody knows.

Bloomberg ran a story yesterday, many pharma guys mix vaccines, (usually with Pfizer as mRNA vaccine).

A doctor from Bumrungrad and many doctors in my country recommend it. None of these is specialized in vaccines. 

It makes a lot of sense from a medical common sense view.

Gao <deleted>(George Gao, Chinas top virologist) suggested it.

Bahrain and UAE  do something similar (Pfizer after Sinopharm).

But there are no studies. 

So we cannot know.

It is not recommended in any rich country. Fear of side effects. 

HK uses Sinovac and Pfizer and discourages mixing.

Edited by Hyna

1 hour ago, seajae said:

wifes cousin(doctor in Bangkok) has booked us in for moderna shots at her hospital in september but having to travel to Bangkok twice makes it a problem, will see if I can book into a local private hospital for the shots instead

Travel from Where seajae?.... I live Udon Thani--and the BKK group say that to register you must also pay now--but they do not feel any private hospitals will have it before October (although some are saying they will) as one of the largest private hospital groups -its not a great option.

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks

Does the Chinese vaccine even work? If you think so maybe you should hear this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzcyVVElz5o

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Wife booked me weeks ago with mor prom,for9th june,cancelled because lack of AZ, then on 8th told ok for 9th got az jab ,so far feeling fine,next one 16 weeks,if phizer comes sooner will pay to mix and match 

Ps booked on thailandintervac,said i am registered but will cancell if it ever comes through

thailandintervac, only 4 hospitals in Bangkok on the list,

On 6/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, snoop1130 said:

the COVID-19 Situation Administration Centre (CCSA) authorized other relevant state organizations to work together with the Disease Control Department, the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, the National Vaccine Institute and the Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) to procure/import vaccines.

The regime in a single sentence.

State organizations need to be "authorized" to do their jobs by a central committee.

That said, woud be awesome if one could get on a path, and at least one of the paths lead to a place you could get vaccinated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Canada recommends mRNA after AZ or J&J jabs.

Sinovac reportedly has fewer side effects than most - it is a traditional vaccine, not mRNA or anything of that sort. If it were available I would go for it but as a farang - who knows when.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

Sinovac reportedly has fewer side effects than most - it is a traditional vaccine, not mRNA or anything of that sort. If it were available I would go for it but as a farang - who knows when.

It's really whatever is available first is what we'll get. My GF's company privately acquired vaccines...she was scheduled for Sinovac on Friday via company site but when she got there they told her they acquired Astra-Zeneca instead as their Sino shipment was cancelled.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

thailandintervac, only 4 hospitals in Bangkok on the list,

Got my vacination at Samitivit in Sri Racha,checked thailandvac,said i was not registered needed more details filled it in 3 imes,kept geting same message,anyway got my jab now .

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 10:13 AM, bert bloggs said:

Wife booked me weeks ago with mor prom,for9th june,cancelled because lack of AZ, then on 8th told ok for 9th got az jab ,so far feeling fine,next one 16 weeks,if phizer comes sooner will pay to mix and match 

Ps booked on thailandintervac,said i am registered but will cancell if it ever comes through

I went on that site earlier and went through all the registration process but at the end when it says 'select a date' everything is greyed out as far in the future I can  go.  

Am I doing something wrong?

16 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Canada recommends mRNA after AZ or J&J jabs.

That's a common recommendation. Data supporting it are trickling in.

The question asked was: mRNA after Sinovac? Sinovac is a completely different thing from AZ and J&J