Covid Proof of Vaccination Certificate

Stevemercer

Attached below is a copy of the generic certificate issued for a friend who has just finished their 2 shots of Sinovac. A similar certificate will be issued after the second shot for AZ.

I'm assuming this can be used throughout Thailand where proof of vaccination is needed. I'm not sure if it will be accepted by overseas airlines and countries when travelling out of Thailand. 

For information.

Vaccine Certificate.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God only knows what certificate one can get if (as I likely will) they get 1st shot of AZ in Thailand and 2nd shot of Pfizer in the US. 

Probably neither country will consider this as "fully vaccinated".  Still, it's better than flying to the US with no vaccination at all and then flying back from the US only half vaccinated.  Better to fall through the bureaucratic cracks than be hospitalized or die.

• Thanks 1

This is supposed to be the official Thai vaccination passport, a sort of copy of the familiar yellow vaccination book: https://scandasia.com/thailand-introduces-international-vaccine-passport-for-traveling-abroad/ I have not seen one in real life and whether such a paper, apparently hand-signed booklet will satisfy immigration officials abroad remains to be seen (the EU vaccine passport, for instance, has a digital signature. 

• Like 1

With ~200 countries on the planet mostly all using different forms of proof of vaccination, I will bet most countries don't ever mandate arrivals need to be vaccinated.  Or if they do, they will give up rather quickly when they try to implement restrictions but realize it's impossible to manage arrivals with hundreds of different certificates.  

Some countries such as maldives and Seychelles already tried to allow vaccinated people to skip pcr tests, but they gave up when they realized it was impossible to decipher or verify all the different forms  of proof of vaccination.

Edited by Phillip9

21 hours ago, JTXR said:

God only knows what certificate one can get if (as I likely will) they get 1st shot of AZ in Thailand and 2nd shot of Pfizer in the US. 

Probably neither country will consider this as "fully vaccinated".  Still, it's better than flying to the US with no vaccination at all and then flying back from the US only half vaccinated.  Better to fall through the bureaucratic cracks than be hospitalized or die.

I am not sure that from a scientific, medical point of view, it is clever to be vaccinated With one shot of AZ and the second of Pfizer. They work in a completely different manner. Before doing so, I would consult a physician.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

With ~200 countries on the planet mostly all using different forms of proof of vaccination, I will bet most countries don't ever mandate arrivals need to be vaccinated.  Or if they do, they will give up rather quickly when they try to implement restrictions but realize it's impossible to manage arrivals with hundreds of different certificates.  

Some countries such as maldives and Seychelles already tried to allow vaccinated people to skip pcr tests, but they gave up when they realized it was impossible to decipher or verify all the different forms  of proof of vaccination.

IATA (International Air Transport Association) has a solution for this: IATA Travel Pass. "The IATA Travel Pass is a mobile application under development allowing travelers to simply and securely store and manage certifications for COVID-19 tests or vaccines. [...] With this app, IATA also aims to provide governments with the confidence to reopen borders without imposing quarantines on incoming travelers."

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

Does anyone know if Thailand will recognize mixed vaccines for incoming travellers?  I got AZ for my first shot and will be getting Pfizer for my second in a couple more weeks.

Same plan for me. AZ here in Thailand and planning for Pfizer in July in Germany. 

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

I am not sure that from a scientific, medical point of view, it is clever to be vaccinated With one shot of AZ and the second of Pfizer. They work in a completely different manner. Before doing so, I would consult a physician.

Two studies (UK and Spain) pointed out 7x more antibodies vs. 2x for AZ alone. 

They also said this is common practice for some other vaccinations to alternate mode of action to trigger higher immune response. European agencies promoting this model as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

I am sure the copiers of certificates/graduation papers and drivers licences that operate in Bangkok, will be able to produce a nice plausible looking certificate with the details you would like as per your specification. Delivery by pick up in person the next day, full payment on placement of order.

22 minutes ago, RemyDog said:

I am sure the copiers of certificates/graduation papers and drivers licences that operate in Bangkok, will be able to produce a nice plausible looking certificate with the details you would like as per your specification. Delivery by pick up in person the next day, full payment on placement of order.

The Thai certificate has a QR code, as per the sample posted in the OP. Scanning it will lead you to the MoPH website, where the details of the vaccinated person and their vaccinations can be verified.

Faking the certificate in itself is pretty pointless, IF people who are supposed to verify the certificate actually do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

Something to think about.

https://theconversation.com/can-i-get-astrazeneca-now-and-pfizer-later-why-mixing-and-matching-covid-vaccines-could-help-solve-many-rollout-problems-161404

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

Does anyone know if Thailand will recognize mixed vaccines for incoming travellers?  I got AZ for my first shot and will be getting Pfizer for my second in a couple more weeks.

If you got an EU certificate it will be OK. 

I know several Thai Nationals who have obtained a vaccine passport and have seen copies of these.

Re Vaccination Certificate as per 1st post obviously important to have details in English. Certificates that I have seen are in Thai as example. Document that I received after 1st dose shows my name in Thai as I registered in Mor Prom using Pink ID card.

For people who are considering changing vaccine after 1st dose consider what certificates you could or will receive in Thailand and elsewhere, possibility or not to obtain vaccine passport or equivalent, implications with Insurance policy if later you are diagnosed with COVID-19, etc.

On 6/12/2021 at 4:17 AM, JTXR said:

I hope you wear an N95 mask in the airport and planes. Many US airlines are close to normal domestic traffic and the Indian variant is now quickly spreading in the US. Since many vaccinated and unvaccinated Americans are going without masks, it won't take long to come across infected but asymptomatic individuals. 

11 hours ago, Caldera said:

The Thai certificate has a QR code, as per the sample posted in the OP. Scanning it will lead you to the MoPH website, where the details of the vaccinated person and their vaccinations can be verified.

You think the immigration officer in every country will understand that they are supposed to scan that QR code?   Even if they try it, considering  how crappy Thai government websites are, it will probably be only in Thai and not work 50% of the time.

And they will do this for every passenger?  All from a hundred different countries, with a hundred different certificates the officer has to try to understand and verify?  

6 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

You think the immigration officer in every country will understand that they are supposed to scan that QR code?   Even if they try it, considering  how crappy Thai government websites are, it will probably be only in Thai and not work 50% of the time.

And they will do this for every passenger?  All from a hundred different countries, with a hundred different certificates the officer has to try to understand and verify?  

What the OP has shown is Thailand's national vaccination certificate, to be used within Thailand. There's a separate "vaccination passport" for international travel that you would need to apply and pay for.

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

What the OP has shown is Thailand's national vaccination certificate, to be used within Thailand. There's a separate "vaccination passport" for international travel that you would need to apply and pay for.

Currently there is only one internationally accepted document and that is the yellow WHO health passport. The international covid vaccination passport or proof has been mulled many times but no timeframe given when and if it will be ready.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:29 PM, rimmae2 said:

Re Vaccination Certificate as per 1st post obviously important to have details in English. Certificates that I have seen are in Thai as example. Document that I received after 1st dose shows my name in Thai as I registered in Mor Prom using Pink ID card.

The hospital registered me on Mor Phrom and used English name as used at the hospital.

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The hospital registered me on Mor Phrom and used English name as used at the hospital.

they registered me on mor phrom in Thai ,but at the hospital i got the shot i am registered in English. the certificate i have after my first shot is also in Thai.

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

they registered me on mor phrom in Thai ,but at the hospital i got the shot i am registered in English. the certificate i have after my first shot is also in Thai.

I didn't get any certificate, all the details appeared on Mor Phrom, all I got was a slip for 2nd jab and you wrote on your own name.

Even with name in English I doubt it would be easy to use Mor Phrom as proof of vaccination outside Thailand.