Why Makro Why????

dingdongrb

Makro is better than most option if you buy more or something odd. I agree on them always screwing with the layout. Another annoying thing is Makro in one place won't always have the products found in another despite being the same size. And there are always those days when products are just out of stock for the moment. Still, what other choices do those of us in the Thai areas have if we want to buy affordable western products or other hard-to-find items.

• Like 1

Maybe they had to make shelf space for a new line of products.

It's what they do.

My 'local' recently shifted everything around so as to add more alcohol to the other side of the same aisle.

If that's the worst of your problems then you're doing okay.  Try going back during the 'early hours' when it's not so crowded and learning the new layout...  take notes, draw a map!

Stores I shop at regularly move things around. I always thought it was so you look at other products and ,hopefully, buy them. It's probably a useful strategy. But I'm like the OP. I want to be in-and-out. I'm not a "shopper".  Markets, clothing stores, bars, all the same. 5555

I have a simple system. I bail up one of the store attendants. If my Thai is insufficient, I then call my GF, and she speaks to the attendant. He/she ( usually she ) will then lead me straight to what I want.

Marketing strategies are wasted on me, I don't shop by impulse.

• Like 1

Before I go to Macro I get the GPS location of every product I want to buy from their website downloaded into my phone.  Then with my simple phone I can find everything I want to buy without inconvenience or human contact.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:03 PM, dingdongrb said:

Totally agree about having to 're-chase'.

The Makro I am speaking of has kept everything pretty much in the same location for the past 8 yrs of so. There's been a few changes along the way but nothing compared to what is currently occurring.

New manager?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 6/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, dingdongrb said:

Totally agree about having to 're-chase'.

The Makro I am speaking of has kept everything pretty much in the same location for the past 8 yrs of so. There's been a few changes along the way but nothing compared to what is currently occurring.

New manager?

I loved this OP.

I shop at the Hang Dong Makro, actually in Mae Hia. Mainly for food items, however a couple weeks back I was trying to find shampoo, soap or something. I literally went down every aisle trying to find it. And the aisle labels were no help. Heck I know I have bought it here. Yes I could have asked, but I shop early morning, At that time, I do not want to socialize with people; Thai or farang. I bought at Big C superstore a couple days later. Note to self, shop at Big C more, its easier access from where I live too.

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

I loved this OP.

I shop at the Hang Dong Makro, actually in Mae Hia. Mainly for food items, however a couple weeks back I was trying to find shampoo, soap or something. I literally went down every aisle trying to find it. And the aisle labels were no help. Heck I know I have bought it here. Yes I could have asked, but I shop early morning, At that time, I do not want to socialize with people; Thai or farang. I bought at Big C superstore a couple days later. Note to self, shop at Big C more, its easier access from where I live too.

Shampoo & Soap, paper products, cooking utensils, appliances are all upstairs....

• Like 1