Pattaya business owners pushing for Pattaya “soft opening” to vaccinated foreign tourists in August under a “sealed routes” plan

webfact

screenshot_13869.jpg

By  Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya business operators are suggesting another plan called ‘Sealed Routes’ as a proposed overall scheme to bring back vaccinated foreign tourists called ‘Pattaya Move On’ in August as they are concerned the proposed ‘Sand Box’ plan currently scheduled to launch in October could fail and is waiting too long to recover the economy locally.

A “Sandbox” plan essentially allows a vaccinated foreign tourist freedom of movement, with some restrictions, and is set to be trialed in Phuket next month. Notably, however, Phuket has chosen to keep its bars, clubs, and entertainment venues closed for the test.

A consultant from the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association Mr. Tanet Supohnsahatrangsri told The Pattaya News this morning, June 11th, “Vaccine distribution is not on schedule for the ‘Sand Box’ as currently proposed in the ‘Pattaya Move on’ plan. This could change in the future, but currently, Chonburi and Pattaya do not have the number of vaccines they wanted due to the majority of the vaccine supply being allocated to Bangkok due to the current outbreak there.”

“Pattaya and Chonburi are not the same as Phuket by geography and it is much easier to be able to properly track and trace tourists on an island than on the mainland,” Tanet said.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/pattaya-business-owners-pushing-for-pattaya-soft-opening-to-vaccinated-foreign-tourists-in-august-under-a-sealed-routes-plan/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Thailand had the Delta Covid variant which has originated in India and so far it's the worse and most contentious Covid variant known, and until Thailand will get a handle on that by vaccinating the majority of their people, Thailand as a tourist destination is a place to avoid sandbox and all... 

a very recent study in the UK shows that both the AZ and Pfizer vaccine are only 33% effective after first dose and 60% and 88% respectfully after 2nd dose after 10 days although it is not known yet if the AZ improves over a longer time after 2nd dose (4 weeks plus) but both still offer protection against severe disease hospitalisation and death

study results here

Vaccines highly effective against B.1.617.2 variant after 2 doses - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I hope I am within forum rules posting this - if not just delete please 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

Those with vaccines, insurance, and negative covid 19 tests shouldn't have to quarantine at all. If not then there is no point to a vaccine at all. With so much still closed and no timetable on anything else re-opening hardly any tourists will want to come here anyway. All you will get is full time ex-pats returning and contract workers that reside here on their time off. In the meantime locals continue to suffer financially, mentally and emotionally with no real projected end in site. Especially with delay after delay on vaccine roll out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya business operators are suggesting another plan called ‘Sealed Routes’ as a proposed overall scheme to bring back vaccinated foreign tourists called ‘Pattaya Move On’

Will they name it "Route 69" ?

Could catch-on.

• Haha 1

For god's sake just get your people vaccinated and open the borders to vaccinated people.

Now they're even talking about flying the Phuket sandboxers to Samui after a week with Bangkok Airways ... is there no end to the lunacy?

Looks like another high season already on the edge of the drain and about to go over ...

Edited by BusyB

7 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Phuket is supposed to be a "test".  How will that work if no tourists go there to test it?

It will be deemed to be a success. See, Phuket open to tourists, yet no new cases.  ????

I am just hoping that by the end of November, the amount of people in Thailand who have had their 2 shots is

close to 70 percent. I won't be sweating it too much as I do not plan to come until the every end of this year

or early in January 2022, by then it will likely be a situation where, Pfizer, Moderna, and even J& J vaccines will

have arrived and some people will be getting a shot of those choices.

Geezer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am just hoping that by the end of November, the amount of people in Thailand who have had their 2 shots is

close to 70 percent. I won't be sweating it too much as I do not plan to come until the every end of this year

or early in January 2022, by then it will likely be a situation where, Pfizer, Moderna, and even J& J vaccines will

have arrived and some people will be getting a shot of those choices.

Geezer

November 2022 maybe and even that's a stretch