Total of 14 foreign nationals arrested for reportedly overstaying in Thailand in Northeastern provinces, with the longest overstay of more than 7.5 years!

webfact

os.jpg

By  Nop Meechukhun

Bangkok – Immigration Police today, June 11th, announced the arrest of 14 foreign nationals for reportedly overstaying in Thailand in Northeastern provinces, with the longest overstay of more than 7 years!

The capture was conducted as part of a proactive approach to prevent the spread of Covid-19 upon migrant workers and foreign nationals in the areas, Immigration Chief Sompong Chingduang stated.

Officials had been actively asking for passports and identification of foreigners in the area to ensure nobody had crossed borders illegally, potentially skirting Covid-19 quarantine rules, which led to the overstay discoveries.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/total-of-14-foreign-nationals-arrested-for-reportedly-overstaying-in-thailand-in-northeastern-provinces-with-the-longest-overstay-of-more-than-7-5-years/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Excel said:

Maybe a soccer playing Cameroonian who taught English  with an American accent ?????

My Thai daughter had a teacher from Cameroon who was teaching the English course many years ago in Kumphawapi at the school we had her going to.  He spoke very good British English.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My Thai daughter had a teacher from Cameroon who was teaching the English course many years ago in Kumphawapi at the school we had her going to.  He spoke very good British English.

I don't doubt it as some learn their English from English people rather than others. I worked with many people in my time and the Sri Lankans, Iranian and Iraqi's spoke almost perfect English too. Mentioned in another post that in 1980  went to Albania, only for a few hours. At the time it was one of the most closed nations in the world. The little kids, guess around 5 -7 kept running up to us saying  things like good morning, how are you, which country are your from ? I was totally amazzed. Here they were, almost cut of from the outside world , poor as poor could be living in absolute poverty, yet they spoke good English. When I asked our Albanian guide/minder he would only say "our country wants everybody to learn" so never did find out quite how they did that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

One would imagine that are thousands of over stayers in this country and that is being conservative with the numbers, many on fake documents, so catching 14 of them is not a cause for celebrations...

What fake documents do you suggest they're on?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Was the overstating Cameron national playing soccer or was he a English teacher.  

He couldn't leave the country as he had so many romance scams running.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Exactement.

The "Big Joke" effect?

Thailand, where doing your job, occasionally is vinyl chart display time.

Begs the questions, what were you doing for the last 7 years? How good a job are you doing to begin with?

I think these pressers are for the bosses.

Quite. And how difficult would it be to "track down" the visa agents who offer extensions for people who don't meet the legal requirements when said agents openly advertise their dodgy services? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Fools! Especially that a**hole with a 7.5 year overstay. Obviously likes living in Thailand, probably will never be allowed back in again.

That's if he ever gets back home.

He will be put in IDC and the only airlines that cannot refuse to take him are airlines from his own country. No Cameroon airline flies here. This means he will have to make a stop in transit in another country. He has to write a request to this airport and they have to agree.

Also, it is unlikely that any other airline will fly him out of Bangkok. The pilot will only be told that he is a criminal and the pilots usually refuse.

I spent a couple of days in IDC and most of the Africans had been there years and had given up hope.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean real English ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, J Town said:

Fools! Especially that a**hole with a 7.5 year overstay. Obviously likes living in Thailand, probably will never be allowed back in again.

Disagree, with Thailand's borders I'm quite sure the Africans and Indians (10 of them) will just add a letter to their name and walk straight back in,

So hundreds of Thailand's finest were out in force doing the hunting down game on dirty farang and alien - good on them. 

The whole thing is a joke; if those overstaying alien entered Thailand legally (and most likely they did otherwise you could not define "overstay" but "illegal entry") then there is a computer record. 
Write a programme to show all those who sit on expired entry visas and go after them. 

But if it took 7 ½ in one particular case, I would assume that this particular IT-programme was written by the same experts who did the 90-days online, the TM30 online and all the other stuff which - as simple as it actually - they never managed to get it to work. Pathetic nonsense - next please! 

• Like 1