Neighbor takes over land that does not belong to him . What to do ?

Were we are living there is a big plot of about 20 rai of partly forested land . It has been sold to by  a neighbor to  someone who apparently died in the meantime . This one did never sell it again , and it is not clear if someone inherited it . Nobody did ever care for this land or even visited it . ( afaik ) It has a border to 12 rai of our land . I regularly cross this plot to take my dogs for a walk .

One of our neighbors started to cut the trees and to make a soi on this land . Now she complains that I pass with my dogs , because it is ' HER ' land , she says . But I know that it has never been sold , because I tried to buy it some years ago , but it was not possible as the owner was already sick and did not respond .

I will go and check the legal title with the local land office , but I know already that is is not the one who takes it now , who is registered as the owner .

What else can I do ?

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Get the wife to check with the head of the village, he or she usually knows when land changes hands, that or the LTO

That is right .

The only problem is that the ' Kamnan ' is a member of the family of the neighbor ...

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tonray said:

You can stay off land that clearly does not belong to you. As to matters of Thai ownership, stay clear as it's not your business even though you seem to believe you have an easement to traverse the property, which you do not.

Yes , I have probably no legal right to even cross this property as it does not belong to me .

But , at least , I do not cut the trees . The neighbor who takes it now , does a lot of damage and does not have the right to do this either .

I have been crossing this property for 5 yrs now . Nobody ever was there to complain about this . Until now .

Edited by nobodysfriend

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Why do you care if a Thai steals a piece of land.

I was just used to cross this land for 5 yrs already , until a  ' thief ' tells me that she does not want me to do this anymore .

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Others are giving you advice, but you don't appear to like that advice.

I like all constructive input in this topic , no matter if it is negative or positive ...

I'll make a detour to avoid crossing this land in the future , it is just a little inconvenient after 5 yrs ... I will let the thief win and take it , because I do not want my dogs to be killed with poison , as it happened before already ...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Personally I think he will find it is private land, owned by a relative of the deceased and he will be making a fool of himself.

I went to the land office some yrs ago and was told the name of the owner . ( Not a relative of the one who takes over ) . I am sure that it is still the same name ( of the now deceased ) that is registered . But I will go and check again .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Get the wife to check with the head of the village, he or she usually knows when land changes hands, that or the LTO

But perhaps check the land title document first to ensure you have very correct & up to date information of who is currently recorded as the owner on the land document.

Take smartphone photo if the LTO won't allow you to have a photocopy of the document.

Then show a copy to the village head, and then seek his/her advice. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

It is actually very easy to find out.

1) open this website 

http://dolwms.dol.go.th/tvwebp/

2)enter your chanote 

3) copy the numbers down of the bordering land 

4)call the land office and ask them for the owners phone number

5) call the owner 

Will take about an hour all up.

From the website it will come like this, below, with all the details that you give over the phone to the land office.

1623461646494..jpg

#6 Get a new sim card ????

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:
22 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

It is actually very easy to find out.

1) open this website 

http://dolwms.dol.go.th/tvwebp/

2)enter your chanote 

3) copy the numbers down of the bordering land 

4)call the land office and ask them for the owners phone number

5) call the owner 

Will take about an hour all up.

From the website it will come like this, below, with all the details that you give over the phone to the land office.

1623461646494..jpg

Expand  Expand  

#6 Get a new sim card

Does this new fangled G5 network connect with the afterlife?

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

It has been sold to by  a neighbor to  someone who apparently died in the meantime .

• Haha 1