Marriage Extension

techno

I have to renew my marriage extension in early July and my marriage certificate was obtained from Amphur

2 years ago and i was wondering if immigration will require a new one. Any response from someone who has renewed recently would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Eveery  year you  have to go and get some  paper  to say you ARE  still married, dont  know  what it is  leave it  all to the Wife

Still use my original one from 6 years ago

Never a problem

With an Agent - Oh wait - I forgot - waste of money

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

using the agent is saving you 20 baht

I have just got my Kor Ror 2 from the Amphur, and the annual cost has been reduced from 20 baht to 6 baht per copy (because of Covid, but you need two for the application, so a massive 12 baht) !  What an incredible bargain. It's worth getting them even if you don't need them !!!  Maybe, in view of this massive cost saving, the agents have reduced their fees too ?

It is not the marriage certificate but the form KR2 that goes with it. If there is any change to your marriage circumstances a new one gets issued and it is this that immigration want to check.

I used the same one for many years but when I went last August they wanted a new one even though the one we had was only about a year old.

• Thanks 1

Only ever had to show copies of the original certificate of many years ago...

more documents had to have your signature this past year and my two TM7 copies had to had even blue ink instead of black...

they also rejected my photos - they say too old as I had been using the packet of photos over the years that come with a passport shoot...

Edited by cardinalblue

Hello, 

Just done it today.

Arrived just a little before 10am (no appointement), we left at 11.25.

I use the same old wedding certificate that we got the day we got married (the one with the flowers and the "excel" kind of one). 

As I had done my 90 days online and forgot to print the confirmation, they did it for me and did as well a new 90 days so I'm clear until September. It was nice from them.

If someone would like to have a list of all documents provided, I could take some time to write it down here.

It was my fastest extension ever done.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 12:27 PM, cardinalblue said:

they also rejected my photos - they say too old as I had been using the packet of photos over the years that come with a passport shoot...

I find this interesting, because it proves they keep last year's extension documents. Now, of course this begs the question about actually using previous data in a useful way; to facilitate efficient processing of extensions that change very little. Bureaucracies seem to be universally (or nearly so) inefficient. 

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone can confirm that showing the 400,000 Baht in the bank for 2 months on my second extension is still the same? I heard rumors that you had to show 3 months of bank statements rather than 2 months on your second extension. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

On 6/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, canthai55 said:

And the trip there, and the time it takes, and the waiting if they are busy ...

F the 20 baht - and the hassle

My wife had to get one recently when the IO wouldn't accept the original.

Amphore was next door to Immigration, no customers inside, no waiting, a couple of minutes to walk there and get the document, cost 20 baht.

Agent quoted 20,000+

2 hours ago, JakeL said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone can confirm that showing the 400,000 Baht in the bank for 2 months on my second extension is still the same? I heard rumors that you had to show 3 months of bank statements rather than 2 months on your second extension. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Chiang Mai want photocopies of the whole bank book (at least 2 months old) + bank letter.

It's only 1 bht/page (x2), not the end of the world. They also want photocopies of your entire passport (x2) .......... and a NEW KS2 ....... and a hand drawn map to your home on their SPECIAL map paper (no other paper acceptable).

Edited by BritManToo