Any Chalong/Rawai Visa Agent Recco

Pattaya Spotter

I'm looking to renew my "retirement visa" next month for another year. I have all the required paperwork and use the bank deposit method (legit). I normally renew in Pattaya myself but am in Phuket at the moment. I'm looking for an agent to run the passport and paperwork to immigration and pick it up again to save me the hassle. Any reccos?

Not sure if you'll find agents down south, as most agents are/were in Patong and Phuket town... I highly recommend TMT in Patong, there's European guy Peter working there, very professional, they have very good reviews online.

• Like 1

Have you filed/submitted a new TM30 stating ur living in Phuket

Doing the extension has to be one of the most painless things one can do here>
they even give us a separate  room for it>
one the other hand, i have a friend that also cant be bothered an he pays 5,000 baht

• Like 1

https://phuketlegalfirm.com/#. Ask for TOTO - very professional very reliable and I've worked with him for several years with zero problems.  He is connected with THAI ELITE and also is very well-connected within the immigration department in Phuket city.

• Like 2

Jeezus... If you're legit, Phuket Immigration is a pleasant walk in the park. Did mine about a week ago. Fill out the form, print up the same house photos and map from last time, (less than an hour), stop by the bank on the way for a passbook update and letter, and go to Immigration. Phuket has a separate room for retirement visas (rm 103) and the staff there are quick and efficient. Took about 1/2 hr from the time I pulled into the parking area until I was all stamped and approved Pick up passport the next day.... 

You'll spend just as much time with the agent, but of course "Up to you"

Oh well, best of luck either way.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, zzzzz said:

Have you filed/submitted a new TM30 stating ur living in Phuket

Doing the extension has to be one of the most painless things one can do here>
they even give us a separate  room for it>
one the other hand, i have a friend that also cant be bothered an he pays 5,000 baht

I assume the hotels where I've been staying have been notifying immigration; do I have to personally notify them as well?

Can use either the beach or Phuket Town office...either to be preferred? 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

On 6/12/2021 at 12:26 PM, sallecc said:

Not sure if you'll find agents down south, as most agents are/were in Patong and Phuket town... I highly recommend TMT in Patong, there's European guy Peter working there, very professional, they have very good reviews online.

I inquired with them and they quoted 15k...I politely declined ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, LTHAI said:

https://phuketlegalfirm.com/#. Ask for TOTO - very professional very reliable and I've worked with him for several years with zero problems.  He is connected with THAI ELITE and also is very well-connected within the immigration department in Phuket city.

Thanks for the reply...he might be a good person to consult in a "complicated" case...for me it's just running up and standing in line with my paperwork and returning it to me.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:09 AM, Mai mee said:

Jeezus... If you're legit, Phuket Immigration is a pleasant walk in the park. Did mine about a week ago. Fill out the form, print up the same house photos and map from last time, (less than an hour), stop by the bank on the way for a passbook update and letter, and go to Immigration. Phuket has a separate room for retirement visas (rm 103) and the staff there are quick and efficient. Took about 1/2 hr from the time I pulled into the parking area until I was all stamped and approved Pick up passport the next day.... 

You'll spend just as much time with the agent, but of course "Up to you"

Oh well, best of luck either way.

Yes that's what I do every year in Pattaya...takes 20 minutes. If it's the same in Phuket I'll do it myself. That's room 103 at Phuket Town immigration? Thanks again.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

52 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I assume the hotels where I've been staying have been notifying immigration; do I have to personally notify them as well?

Can use either the beach or Phuket Town office...either to be preferred? 

ask first at the hotel if they had<  you need to report in the back of ur passport, otherwise......
you can ONLY do yearly renewals in Phuket town>
90 day reports, re entry & 30 day extensions and COR ( although patong charges)  in Patong and the new immigration office out in Chern Talay

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes that's what I do every year in Pattaya...takes 20 minutes. If it's the same in Phuket I'll do it myself. That's room 103 at Phuket Town immigration? Thanks again.

Yes, Retirement extension room 103 and takes me abut 20 mins, but need come back next day 13.00 for stamped passport.

I think your problem might be if your extension is registered at a Pattaya address. Won't be accepted by Phuket unless you plan long stay in Phuket  so transer Phuket Immigration.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes, Retirement extension room 103 and takes me abut 20 mins, but need come back next day 13.00 for stamped passport.

I think your problem might be if your extension is registered at a Pattaya address. Won't be accepted by Phuket unless you plan long stay in Phuket  so transer Phuket Immigration.

I'm staying month to month now past 2 months at my Phuket guesthouse and manager said she will give me a "resident paper" when I go to renew. I hope that will suffice. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

He better do a good job.

When I called him three years ago to do an extension, he was by far the most expensive agent I contacted.

Well as he's apparently "juiced up" with the police and immigration, if one had a "complicated" case he could probably sort it out...but mine is only an ordinary extension. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

To wrap-up, I did end up doing my retirement extension renewal myself. The foreign volunteer lady at the information counter in room 103 is very helpful...she went over Phuket Immigration's requirements and gave me an checklist to work from. Using the bank deposit method, a signed and stamped bank statement showing transactions going back a year is required, as well as the signed and stamped letter showing your account ownership. They also require copies of the bank account book going back 1 year. The only real difference from Pattaya is that they require a photo in front of one's residence (showing the building number) and a hand drawn map to the residence. They also require copies of all pages of one's passport for each annual retirement extension I believe since the first (which is also different from Pattaya). These documents were all provided with the application and 1900 baht and it was approved in one day.

PS: For various reasons, I had missed two 90-Day reporting cycles, which they said needed to be cleared before they could process the extension. I was directed to Room 101 to update my notification and fined 1000 baht. This was interesting, because the official fine for missing a report is 2000 baht...and I had missed twice so the fine could have been up to 4000. 

• Like 1