Cost of Trainer footwear

superal

I was admiring my granddaughters trainers that looked very smart in colour black . She is 14 years old ." How much did they cost ?" I asked , she told me they were £150 . I thought she was joking but no and some can cost over £200 . I wear trainers for comfort only , not for exercise and normally £15-20 ish and do the job for me and that's if I can find a Thai size 55 , UK 10 1/2 . The granddaughters trainers are NIKE and also just for leisure and are something of a status symbol / must have fashion item  . She told me they have an air bubble that makes you feel like you are walking on air . 

Are you a trainer wearer and what is your budget to buy them and what outlet plus is there a Thai equivalent to the previous mentioned trainer ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Try Lazada, Nike air delivered to your door for 459 baht, maybes copys but there spot on.

Wow , I will take a look and have size 55 or only for typical Thai size ?

Size 55 are you sure and equating that to 101/2 sound more like a far smaller then 55 (45 or so)

Also with shoes its what you pay for though you pay for brand too. But i have worn trainers and there was certainly a big difference between the cheap ones and the more expensive ones. 

• Like 1

$325 for my racing/trainers.  It has become extremely expensive the last 3 years because  Nike is dominating the running scene with its carbon plate shoe.  Not only are the shoes $300 plus they are hard to get.  I've seen them for $400+ on Ebay.  You are not forced to buy them but even poorer Thais have them.   Competition is finally catching up and prices are starting to drop but this is crazy!  The new normal seems to be $200 for a racing shoe and much more if you with Nike.

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

Size 55 are you sure and equating that to 101/2 sound more like a far smaller then 55 (45 or so)

Also with shoes its what you pay for though you pay for brand too. But i have worn trainers and there was certainly a big difference between the cheap ones and the more expensive ones. 

45 is the size and well spotted on my deliberate error , joking a genuine typo

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The last 4 pairs of trainers... 

ON Running... extremely comfortable  - they’re about 4000 to 6000 baht in Thailand (depending on model) 

https://www.on-running.com/en-th/explore/mens

I get mine in the UK - the model I like is £120 

For my son we get NewBalance - great trainers (in the UK for about £30-40 per pair). 

How old is your son and what size trainers ?

28 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Try Lazada, Nike air delivered to your door for 459 baht, maybes copys but there spot on.

Hate to admit it but I do this on occasion.  The shoes are awful unless you know how to fix them with rubber cement.  They last 10 hard runs at most before the outsoles become unglued and/or the upper peels away from the midsole. During my run yesterday  on the edge of the road  I saw somebodies Nike Air (copy) outsoles.  They are usually much heavier than the real thing but that is not always a bad thing for a non-racing shoe.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

In my experience the knock offs look the part but you soon know when after exposure to the heat and humidity here they start becoming unglued  and fall apart after a few weeks or months.

There are other makes far cheaper and great value if you are not a slave to a brand.

Happens everytime that

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Probable knock offs at that price......but size 45

SmartSelect_20210612-152910_Lazada.jpg

Yes given that all other nike air zoomx are a lot more expensive this is probably a knockoff. I never got it why people would wear knock offs. I mean you buy the real thing because its better. People who buy knock off maybe wear them because they want to look cool. Knock offs IMHO are far less in quality. I always buy Nike T shirts from Nike shop and they stay good for such a long time. Those knock off ones seem to break down far faster.

I don't wear trainers here anymore but when i did i wore Nike and the real deal always stayed good for a lot longer then cheap knock offs. 

Perhaps i never found the right knock offs. 

In all honesty I think it dependes what and how you intend to use them. If you use as intended for "training" etc then get the real deal fit for the purpose. If its just walking around, you dont need the real deal and perhaps just want the image or illusion of brand etc.

How is the quality of SKECHERS for light use training shoes? 

A pair of Skechers canvas casual shoes I bought in the US 3 years ago have held-up well but definitely not sport shoes.

They seem to sell for reasonable prices.

Edited by dddave

36 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Great shoes and they are durable, light and most models have good cushion.  For me, weight and cushioning are what matters.  The "On" brand mentioned above are really heavy and expensive IMO for what you get.  Sketchers is a safe bet and if they don't workout, probably only cost around 3k baht.

How is the quality of SKECHERS for light use training shoes? 

A pair of Skechers canvas casual shoes I bought in the US 3 years ago have held-up well but definitely not sport shoes.

They seem to sell for reasonable prices.

Great shoes and they are durable, light and most models have good cushion.  For me, weight and cushioning are what matters.  The "On" brand mentioned above are really heavy and expensive IMO for what you get.  Sketchers is a safe bet and if they don't workout, probably only cost around 3k baht.

Indeed Skechers have a good name for quality but not cheap .  I agree with you that weight and cushioning are most important and the main feature that I look for . My best ever shoes were an Etonic no spike golf shoe that lasted 2 years but cannot find the same again . Used them for non golf leisure .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, superal said:

My best ever shoes were an Etonic no spike golf shoe that lasted 2 years but cannot find the same again . Used them for non golf leisure .

I also used to wear Etonics during my golfing years and swore by them; very comfortable, great support and durable.  My regular course was pretty hilly with slippery wet grass so spike-less wasn't an option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

yes, you get what you pay for. I need real arch support and counterfeit shoes just don't cut it..