Vehicle Ferry to Koh Larn?

JDJD

7 minutes ago, champers said:

Koh Larn is closed to tourists now; it's a Covid thing. Who knows when it will re-open.

This week the local Koh Larn committee announced on their social media accounts that the island will reopen to visitors on June 14th. The original announcement stated that this would take place unless the province made any changes or the situation worsened. Chonburi has decided to loosen some other restrictions, which means that Koh Larn will at this time likely be proceeding forward with opening the island to non-residents from Monday, June 14th.

Suppose to open Monday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

This week the local Koh Larn committee announced on their social media accounts that the island will reopen to visitors on June 14th. The original announcement stated that this would take place unless the province made any changes or the situation worsened. Chonburi has decided to loosen some other restrictions, which means that Koh Larn will at this time likely be proceeding forward with opening the island to non-residents from Monday, June 14th.

Suppose to open Monday.

I missed that. Thanks.

Hi, there is a barge that goes to the island, generally twice a day. It is not far from the passenger ferry. If you are going only for a short time, its best to hire a bike on the island. 200bht a say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not if they require a passport to rent, and anyway one would do well to be wary of the bike scam in LOS, especially as they may be looking to make up for lost time.

Do they do that on Koh Larn? 

Thanks for all the info. I didn't see anything about the barge on the internet, so I'm glad I asked. It's a 150, not a big bike. If I can, I'd certainly prefer taking mine over renting. On a side note, sorry for the rant... Sure there are shops that will scam. That is one worry of mine upon reopening. With so many service industry workers living on the edge, I am guessing scams of tourists will be up 100% or more. That will scare off some but in the short term (1-2 years from December) the country should boom anyway. The long term effects of increased scams is a reputation that will be tough to move on from. From what I've seen more people are turning to scams, drugs and alcohol to  supplement the fact they are without much work. I say this because a few acquaintances  of mine that had little food shops or ran the circuit started using. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JDJD said:

Aah, ok. I see a car and a motorbike. They must go to the island somehow. Thanks for the great pic. ????

They can't take all the food and other supplies needed to the island on the passenger ferries, plus what about the vehicles on the island ( they didn't go on the passenger ferries )?

There has to be an option- it's just a question of whom to ask about it.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They can't take all the food and other supplies needed to the island on the passenger ferries, plus what about the vehicles on the island ( they didn't go on the passenger ferries )?

PS they probably don't want private vehicles on the island, as it's crowded already, so check that out.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everything goes on the speedboats and the passenger ferry.   The few cars went on the rubbish barge on planks at I'm told a high price.

• Like 1