Tasty treats and travel benefits: the perks of getting a COVID jab in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

BFBFC8F1-CC8C-41D4-854C-78DA66918E5D.png

Thailand is offering a rich menu of incentives for people to get jabs during the just-launched mass vaccination drive, with the country targeting herd community by year-end.

As of June 10, more than 5.66 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered, while 4.13 million people had been jabbed at least once. Vaccinees are being rewarded for contributing to disease-control efforts with various benefits, including free food and greater freedom to travel.

Tempting treats for vaccinees

Zen Japanese restaurants have been offering free takoyaki (squid-batter balls) and AKA eateries have been giving free kimchi soup to vaccinees who order at least one item of paid food. Not in the mood for Japanese? Don’t worry, the same offer applies at Din outlets (free Taiwanese dumplings), at On the Table (free Arabiki sausage salad), Laoyuan by Tummour (free Tummour spicy salad), and at Khiang (chicken with holy basil and rice). The promotions run till June 30.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/tasty-treats-and-travel-benefits-the-perks-of-getting-a-covid-jab-in-thailand/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I prefer to order a la carte.

I'll just be having the vaccine thank you.

I'd order from Grab if I thought I'd survive the registration process.

What no squid balls??? I never knew they had balls.