Phuket Sandbox Workshop prepares for July 1 reopening

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

3  ? Talk about top heavy coining it in from the public purse

And I wonder what the budget was for this seminar and what it was spent on/who owned the venue for the seminar and just got the money?

Is there a public reckoning/accounting of the spending?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, madmen said:

So that's 4 governors and they still scrambling last minute to open July 1st on a tiny little island! 

And more, 4 governors and numerous TAT executives, and probably high level folks from numerous other ministries/agencies. And hey they all need accommodation and meals and transport, and all of that needs a big budget.

- I wonder who owns the seminar venue and the hotels used for accommodation? (Each minister, agency head etc., would no doubt have 2, 3, 4 staff with them, plus personal drivers plus personal security staff - wow the number of hotel rooms is in the many dozens.)

- I wonder who owns the restaurants used and the transport companies?

- And I wonder who managed the budget disbursements?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I read the other day that the opening was delayed until August the 1st. 

Is this yet another u-turn!

But from who.? 

Will webfact admit that 1st August was a misquote, or can it be justified as being correct. 

6 hours ago, RobMuir said:

They have done an exceptional job, despite that after it was first announced the British variant then swept through Thailand infecting tens of thousands and killing hundreds of Thais.

No new cases in Phuket for three days now which shows if you have a plan and stick with it, that you can get on top of covid. But you must be diligent. 

If they can pull off this, which many of the doubters here claimed would not be possible, it will lead to a gradual reopening of the all important Thai tourist industry that employs millions of Thais who have been doing it tough for the last 18 months through no fault of their own.

It won't be without hurdles, but I wish them the success. 

Good luck Phuket. We have missed you.

(......sounds of retching.......)

13 hours ago, RobMuir said:

They have done an exceptional job, despite that after it was first announced the British variant then swept through Thailand infecting tens of thousands and killing hundreds of Thais.

No new cases in Phuket for three days now which shows if you have a plan and stick with it, that you can get on top of covid. But you must be diligent. 

If they can pull off this, which many of the doubters here claimed would not be possible, it will lead to a gradual reopening of the all important Thai tourist industry that employs millions of Thais who have been doing it tough for the last 18 months through no fault of their own.

It won't be without hurdles, but I wish them the success. 

Good luck Phuket. We have missed you.

Come on down, the US navy and UK Navy will be here in July, I'm sure you'll love it.......????