First O-A Visa Extension of Stay Application at Hua Hin Immigration

Greetings. I use the 800,000 baht in a fixed deposit account method. The balance has never dipped below 800,000 baht.

How many months worth of bank statements are required at Hua Hin immigration? Thanks for any responses.

Edited by Gav Bic

Will be interested in the answers from hua hin folk.

No statements should be required. Certainly at CW would only require copy of bankbook pages and bank letter etc. You state that this is first extension of you permission of stay. You only need to show 2 months of bankbook prior to day of application.

You have your useless insurance prepared? 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Will be interested in the answers from hua hin folk.

No statements should be required. Certainly at CW would only require copy of bankbook pages and bank letter etc. You state that this is first extension of you permission of stay. You only need to show 2 months of bankbook prior to day of application.

You have your useless insurance prepared? 

This will be my 5th extension of stay but the others were all done at Yasothon where no statements were required but we all know that you will seldom find 2 immigration offices with the same requirements. Have Pacific Cross insurance.

1 minute ago, Gav Bic said:

we all know that you will seldom find 2 immigration offices with the same requirements

That's sad isn't it. Would be great if all the requirements were standardized.

One of the experienced guys maybe can explain why it's not same process throughout the country.  I certainly can not.

33 minutes ago, Gav Bic said:

Greetings. I use the 800,000 baht in a fixed deposit account method.

I live in Hua Hin. I have a fixed account at Bangkok Bank. In my case BB does not have monthly statements for fixed accounts. I go on the morning of the day I am going to immigration and ask for a letter stating that my balance never dropped below 800,000 and updated passbooks on that morning also. 

Make sure what ever paperwork you get has the Bank's official stamp on it. 

If you have all your paperwork correct, HH immigration takes about a hour for a extension of stay.

there is a nice lady in the rear of the the building (drive past the main building) who will make sure you have the correct number of copies of everything and take your photo. She will also let you know if you are missing anything or if your paper work will pass the test. about 250 baht. i always get her to do copies/photos. 

then back to the main ground floor entrance and then up the stairs to the waiting room where you will have no idea what your number means and they will just call for you eventually.  

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I live in Hua Hin. I have a fixed account at Bangkok Bank. In my case BB does not have monthly statements for fixed accounts. I go on the morning of the day I am going to immigration and ask for a letter stating that my balance never dropped below 800,000 and updated passbooks on that morning also. 

Make sure what ever paperwork you get has the Bank/s official stamp on it. 

If you have all your paperwork correct, HH immigration takes about a hour for a extension of stay.

there is a nice lady in the rear of the the building (drive past the main building) who will make copies of everything and take your photo. She will also let you know if you are missing anything or if your paper work will pass the test. 

Much obliged for this information. Thanks

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Make sure what ever paperwork you get has the Bank's official stamp on it. 

there is a nice lady in the rear of the the building (drive past the main building) who will make sure you have the correct number of copies of everything and take your photo. She will also let you know if you are missing anything or if your paper work will pass the test. about 250 baht. i always get her to do copies/photos. 

then back to the main ground floor entrance and then up the stairs to the waiting room where you will have no idea what your number means and they will just call for you eventually.  

you do not need to pay anyone to check your paperwork in Hua Hin.

The girls working at the check in area on the ground level do this for free!!!!!

How do you not know that?????????

I did my EXTENSION last week.

When I went to Krungsri to get my bank letter, they also gave me 6 months bank statements (I did not ask, they just knew they would be required)

The immigration also want a photocopy of your bank book for the last year.

This is 100% fact, not my opinion, but FACT.

This is for the RETIREMENT EXTENSION 

Take a map of where you live also.  They want it.

But its so easy, took me 15 minutes, including getting photocopy of the bank book for the last year.

• Like 1

I live in Hua Hin and did my first one year retirement extension about two weeks ago. Letter from Bank on the same morning before I go to the immigration (100 Baht), copies of the bank book. No map of my address, no proof of insurance. The ladys at ground floor do a pre-check of everything, free of charge, if copies missing, you can do it in the building behind. The whole procedure works smoothly and very professionally. Everybody is very nice and helpful. It took me less than one hour for everything. Come to Hua Hin, its a good place. I have nothing than praise for the immigration folks here.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:58 AM, Gav Bic said:

This will be my 5th extension of stay but the others were all done at Yasothon where no statements were required but we all know that you will seldom find 2 immigration offices with the same requirements. Have Pacific Cross insurance.

I've renewed the extension of stay twice at Huahin. I've been very happy with the office and staff there.

You will need a bank letter and signed/stamped copy of your bank records, NOT copies of bank book pages.

Be aware that getting such records can take more than two weeks. To solve that problem I go every six months and get the records from. Bangkok Bank. Longer than six months requires your local bank to get the annual account record from the main office.

Other than that just bring the regular docs. The people are very nice.

Good luck.