13 arrested for breaching COVID rules after attending birthday party in Pattaya

webfact

1pm.jpg

Sunday 13th proved unlucky for 13 Thai youth at a luxury resort in Bang Lamung, Pattaya in the early hours.

An informer told the police about a party in contravention of the emergency decree and they swooped on the property on 150 square wah of land on Thung Klom Tan Man Road. 

There was drinking going on and loud music playing. They were celebrating a birthday.

Alcohol was taken into evidence but there was nothing illegal apart from the fact of their congregating.

They were all taken to Nong Prue police station and charged with breaking the emergency decree and rules connected to the pandemic, reported Channel 7.

They were bailed in the sum of 20,000 baht each and will appear in court today. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-14

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Pattaya Plod don't work nights.

Was there a solar eclipse yesterday in Pattaya?

I can assure the the Pattaya police work at night. They definately were the night they arrested me.

1pm.jpg.8cae71bdb8ff09768679e00781392864.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

And that's exactly why as a foreigner, best to keep as low a profile as possible

yep true as has been shown by this administration's goofers recently picking on 2 eighty years old. 

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

They were all taken to Nong Prue police station and charged with breaking the emergency decree and rules connected to the pandemic

So as long as "emergency decree and rules connected to the pandemic" exist, why would any tourist in their right mind come to vacation in Thailand.  What would happen if you tried to meet with family and friends and have fun? 
Exactly this!

Until the "emergency decree and rules connected to the pandemic" are in force, there is exactly no reason whatsoever to come and vacation in Thailand.

• Like 2

The rules are very clear - no gatherings of more than 20 people (except phuket which currently has more strict rules). 

So... What exactly are the police suggesting was illegal?

It seems these 15 people are doing nothing that I have not been doing every weekend (usually with about 8-10 people meeting up for dinner etc in our houses). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Does that make snitching OK then?

You mean informing the police about infringements that might contribute to the spread of Covid...... !

Protecting your own family and friends in the neighborhood from those acting dangerously, and keeping you awake.

And at the same time getting a nice little cut on any monetary gains.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Was there a solar eclipse yesterday in Pattaya?

I can assure the the Pattaya police work at night. They definately were the night they arrested me.

1pm.jpg.8cae71bdb8ff09768679e00781392864.jpg

You must be the unluckiest person alive!  Don't do the Thai lottery - another mug's game.