Sandbox: 50% of foreigners cancel plans to visit Phuket

webfact

Dammit, ok, next year then. Had a good chance to do some travel in different Thailand without tourists, buuuut 14 days, nope. Flights would be reasonably priced and I would have vaccs done, but never mind, they did it again, just same dung as before, nothing changed, time to move on. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 5:30 AM, possum1931 said:

Yes, you are probably right. I don't know much about these financial things, but these wealthy Brits are proper politicians with university educations and were voted in by the electorate.

Thailands unelected "PM" bullied his way into power, and has no ability to organise the running of a country. Maybe sometime in the future these things will come out, and he will get what he deserves.

Actually not all British politicians are university educated although most are. There's no educational requirement to become an MP in the UK where the current and former Prime Ministers didn't even study politics unlike Thailand where a bachelor's is needed. I don't know if that's still the case after May 2014.

None of this really makes any difference to the decision making surrounding covid related planning. A politician with a masters degree in engineering or law isn't going to necessarily be up to date in the science of viruses. Politicians should take the expertise of relevant scientists and form policy based on that. In Thailand unlike the UK they did this very well to start with, hence the low infection and death rates until a few months ago. Since then they seem to have made a bit of a mess of things.

• Like 2

2022 is the only possible open date, forget about 2021, maybe December if things don't go too bad

the UK is already seeing new increases of infection because of the Delta variant, and AZ not working with Delta

it's a never ending story ????

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

2022 is the only possible open date, forget about 2021, maybe December if things don't go too bad

the UK is already seeing new increases of infection because of the Delta variant, and AZ not working with Delta

it's a never ending story ????

AZ, Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines ‘highly effective’ against Delta variant - PharmaTimes

today i emailed thailand embassy in my country and this is their reply:

The Embassy has not as yet received any official notification from Bangkok regarding Phuket despite what has been reported in the media, and so the Embassy is unable to advise you regarding Phuket, but hopefully the Embassy will soon receive the requisite information.

As soon as the Embassy is informed of the conditions of entry to Phuket, they will be published on the Embassy’s official Facebook page at  and on the Embassy’s official website. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the US now, with a ticket returning July 11th, as I have to work starting the 29th.  I check every day, wanting to see that I can return and roam freely in Phuket rather than being cooped up in a quarantine hotel for 14 days.  I'm booked to fly into Bangkok, so I hoped to buy a connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket, but it seems that is not allowed (yet).  I had banked on having to stay in Phuket 7 days, not 14, and I could still join the Phuket Sandbox if it was 7 days, not 14.  Do you think the 14 days will change to 7, or people booked to fly into Bangkok can get connecting flights to Phuket??

3 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

Do you think the 14 days will change to 7

No, not before you need to be back for work.

4 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

or people booked to fly into Bangkok can get connecting flights to Phuket??

Possible as there was mention of a system being set up then it went dark, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JOE BAMA said:

I'm in the US now, with a ticket returning July 11th, as I have to work starting the 29th.  I check every day, wanting to see that I can return and roam freely in Phuket rather than being cooped up in a quarantine hotel for 14 days.  I'm booked to fly into Bangkok, so I hoped to buy a connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket, but it seems that is not allowed (yet).  I had banked on having to stay in Phuket 7 days, not 14, and I could still join the Phuket Sandbox if it was 7 days, not 14.  Do you think the 14 days will change to 7, or people booked to fly into Bangkok can get connecting flights to Phuket??

Yes, flying to BKK and then connecting to HKT is already approved.

38 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Under which conditions ???

i.e. Ticketed all the way though to Phuket with the same airline ? i.e. baggage through automatically to Phuket ?

Or... is it permitted to land in Bangkok, collect Baggage and take an onward flight to Phuket ?

i.e. Baggage being the major issue here.... 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Under which conditions ???

i.e. Ticketed all the way though to Phuket with the same airline ? i.e. baggage through automatically to Phuket ?

Or... is it permitted to land in Bangkok, collect Baggage and take an onward flight to Phuket ?

i.e. Baggage being the major issue here.... 

No needed same airline: you can flight KLM to BKK and then transfer to Air Asia to HKT.

As published in Royal Gazette, when arriving to BKK, passengers will be checked before transfer to domestic flight.

Details to be published soon.

Edited by Espanol

18 hours ago, Espanol said:

Is this "flying to BKK and then connecting to HKT is already approved" really true??  If so, all I need to do is book a flight leaving Suvarnabhumi for Phuket!  However, I thought connecting flights were NOT approved.  So here is the real question:  How does one find genuine answers to questions of this sort?  I think the member who started this forum must have the closest communications line to the situation. Or could some sort of "travel agent" really help me?? I have to decide today whether I can book a connecting flight to Phuket after landing in BKK or not.  I REALLY  do not want to spend 14 days locked up in a quarantine hotel!  Could somebody please help me?!