Buriram vaccinations

Hyna

They say vaccination is compulsory. 

They don't say where or how to register. 

Should I just turn up at the circuit without appointment?

Would they inoculate me?

What vaccine do they use anyway? 

Edited by Hyna

3 minutes ago, wozza said:

You can walk up and get a number ,come back the following day to get Sinovac 

Thank you

Any chance to get AstraZeneca if over 60?

Edited by Hyna

57 minutes ago, wozza said:

Not at the stadium, go to the public hospital and ask , the hospital ran out of AZ yesterday, depends who you see and which way the wind blows on the day..

Thank you

There are two large tents at the front entrance to the "new" building at the Buriram Government Hospital. It might go better if any foreigner has papers such as a BURIRAM Government Hospital card, a yellow house book  showing your address in Buriram, a pink id card, or a work permit. Bring a translator unless you are fluent in Thai. Bring paperwork or documents. It may go better. Do NOT go directly to the racetrack, as you most likely will not make it past the security point. I personally viewed Thai people under the age of 50 show up and present ID and get appointment slips on Wednesday at the tent in front of the Buriram Government hospital. I have many expat friends who had success, and some who did NOT have success getting an appointment for the jabs.  WOZZA is spot on, as your experience can vary. I will add that "papers matter" when dealing with anyone in a uniform in Thailand. There may be similar "tents" at other Government hospitals. They are clearly marked "Covid-19".   I have had both of my Sinovac vaccinations, but I realize I was "lucky" in how I obtained my first vaccination with no appointment. It was NOT the norm to show up without an appointment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tuther week they were doing either inoculations or applications outside the front of the bigTweeket store. 

I live in Buriram province and was told by a senior nurse at our local hospital that farangs are back of the queue when it comes to vaccine injections. Only after all Thais wanting the vaccine have been done will they start on farangs. She said that rule applied to the whole province.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Tuther week they were doing either inoculations or applications outside the front of the bigTweeket store. 

I live in Buriram province and was told by a senior nurse at our local hospital that farangs are back of the queue when it comes to vaccine injections. Only after all Thais wanting the vaccine have been done will they start on farangs. She said that rule applied to the whole province.

Then she is incorrect. Many expats in Buriram have already received vaccines.

12 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Then she is incorrect. Many expats in Buriram have already received vaccines.

I even showed her the pictures of farangs getting their shots in Buriram. But she says they were orchestrated pictures. A hearts and minds shoot laid on to pacify  farangs. I'm honestly beginning to believe her. Puchooay you say 'many expats'. How many is many and where do you get your numbers from?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 6/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, kamalabob2 said:

There are two large tents at the front entrance to the "new" building at the Buriram Government Hospital. It might go better if any foreigner has papers such as a BURIRAM Government Hospital card, a yellow house book  showing your address in Buriram, a pink id card, or a work permit. Bring a translator unless you are fluent in Thai. Bring paperwork or documents. It may go better. Do NOT go directly to the racetrack, as you most likely will not make it past the security point. I personally viewed Thai people under the age of 50 show up and present ID and get appointment slips on Wednesday at the tent in front of the Buriram Government hospital. I have many expat friends who had success, and some who did NOT have success getting an appointment for the jabs.  WOZZA is spot on, as your experience can vary. I will add that "papers matter" when dealing with anyone in a uniform in Thailand. There may be similar "tents" at other Government hospitals. They are clearly marked "Covid-19".   I have had both of my Sinovac vaccinations, but I realize I was "lucky" in how I obtained my first vaccination with no appointment. It was NOT the norm to show up without an appointment. 

what a great and informative post, just shows that it's not all doom and gloom and that being proactive and taking the initiative and/or being persistent can work in Thailand......................I hope your post inspires others...................................................

38 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I even showed her the pictures of farangs getting their shots in Buriram. But she says they were orchestrated pictures. A hearts and minds shoot laid on to pacify  farangs. I'm honestly beginning to believe her. Puchooay you say 'many expats'. How many is many and where do you get your numbers from?

Lost count of how many. 20 or so I would guess that I know of personally. Also those people know of others too. Lahansai was the first district that vaccinated expats that I heard of. Then Muang.

For the nurse to say the photos are orchestrated is laughable.

19 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Lost count of how many. 20 or so

In 2009 there was reportedly 900 farang in Buriram. Possibly double that now. So 20 isn't really many. I know of no farang who have had the shot anywhere around where I live or can name anyone they know that's had the vaccine. I live close to Nang Rong. And if there was ANY chance of getting the vaccine I can assure you I'd get it. Irrespective of what vaccine it is. But it ain't happening.

Any farang living near, or in, Nang Rong had the vaccione or know of someone who has?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

21 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

In 2009 there was reportedly 900 farang in Buriram. Possibly double that now. So 20 isn't really many. I know of no farang who have had the shot anywhere around where I live or can name anyone they know that's had the vaccine. I live close to Nang Rong. And if there was ANY chance of getting the vaccine I can assure you I'd get it. Irrespective of what vaccine it is. But it ain't happening.

Any farang living near, or in, Nang Rong had the vaccione or know of someone who has?

I said I personally know of 20. Plus those 20 know of others that I don't know. 20 is a lot more than the "NONE" that the nurse mentions. Lahansai is not that far from Nang Rong.

Have you even tried to register? If not, go to see your village headman or go to your local clinic. Failing that, when you are next in town go to the large Taweegit superstore or the football stadium. 

Edited by puchooay

14 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I said I personally know of 20. Plus those 20 know of others that I don't know. 20 is a lot more than the "NONE" that the nurse mentions. Lahansai is not that far from Nang Rong.

Have you even tried to register? If not, go to see your village headman or go to your local clinic. Failing that, when you are next in town go to the large Taweegit superstore or the football stadium. 

You are just guessing. Go on admit it. And what has Lahansai gotta do with this discussion? I certainly didn't mention it.

And yes I did register. And that was about 2 months ago when they first came around looking for local people, including farang at that time, to volunteer to have the vaccine. Farangs were later erased off the list. Went to Tweeket and the stadium tuther week to do my 90 day report. Could not get it done at either venue.

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You are just guessing. Go on admit it. And what has Lahansai gotta do with this discussion? I certainly didn't mention it.

And yes I did register. And that was about 2 months ago when they first came around looking for local people, including farang at that time, to volunteer to have the vaccine. Farangs were later erased off the list. Went to Tweeket and the stadium tuther week to do my 90 day report. Could not get it done at either venue.

No, I'm not guessing. I tend not to guess when offering vital information.

I mentioned Lahansai as that is the first place that I heard off that vaccinated expats in Buriram province. That was on 20th May.

Edited by puchooay

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

I mentioned Lahansai as that is the first place that I heard off that vaccinated expats in Buriram province.

You heard.  You're havin a larf. Do you know of any farang in Lahan Sai that has had it? Now be honest.

And for anyone who won't take the vaccine, if offered.

The Buriram government is serious about getting everyone at risk vaccinated right away, and aside from the 10,000 baht in penalties and threat of 30 days in prison for not applying for inoculation, harsher punishment will be enforced for those who are determined to be at risk and refuse to be vaccinated.

Those who refuse could receive a maximum sentence of 2 years in prison and a fine of up to 60,000 baht. The current Emergency Decree for Covid-19 allows for up to 40,000 baht in fines, while the Communicable Diseases Act imposes another 20,000 baht punishment. Buriram officials intend to enforce these penalties to convince at-risk people to be vaccinated and curb the spread of Covid-19 in the province.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You heard.  You're havin a larf. Do you know of any farang in Lahan Sai that has had it? Now be honest.

Did you read my other post?

Yes, The earliest I know of an expat that was vaccinated in Lahansai was on 20th May.

Edited by puchooay