Bangkok postpones vaccinations at 25 non-hospital sites from Tuesday

webfact

D53FBA3D-9A87-496D-8E0B-17BB72E79889.jpg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) announced this morning (Monday) the postponement of inoculations for people who have registered via the Thai Ruam Jai website, scheduled for tomorrow (June 15th) onwards, at all 25 vaccination sites outside hospitals.

The BMA assured the public, however, that they will administer the vaccines as soon as they receive them from the government, and will notify recipients of the new appointments via text message.

82,851 people in Bangkok have been inoculated at 25 non-hospital vaccination sites since the beginning of the mass inoculations last Monday. 13,905 people were inoculated yesterday (June 12th).

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-postpones-vaccinations-at-25-non-hospital-sites-from-tuesday/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

82851 people have been vaccinated by 25 non hospital sites since the beginning of mass inoculations, that means each site has only jabbed 3314 people on average. That does not seem a lot if they intend to vaccinate the whole country by the end of the year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) announced this morning (Monday) the postponement of inoculations for people who have registered via the Thai Ruam Jai website, scheduled for tomorrow (June 15th) onwards, at all 25 vaccination sites outside hospitals.

Ohh dear what a mess... I'm sure Anutin will find someone responsible for all this mess.

3 hours ago, smiggley said:

82851 people have been vaccinated by 25 non hospital sites since the beginning of mass inoculations, that means each site has only jabbed 3314 people on average. That does not seem a lot if they intend to vaccinate the whole country by the end of the year.

And every day you miss your daily vaccination target means you have to vaccinate even more each day later on to reach the goal.  By the way, whatever happened to 'Don't worry, there will be plenty of vaccines'?  Train wreck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newnative said:

And every day you miss your daily vaccination target means you have to vaccinate even more each day later on to reach the goal.  By the way, whatever happened to 'Don't worry, there will be plenty of vaccines'?  Train wreck.

I am also concerned wrt people's second vaccine if they are unable to fulfil the first vaccine appointments. With the Sinovax isn't the window 2-4 weeks? The benefit from a single vaccination has been shown to be quite poor, and the booster is needed to get the best protection. I believe the vaccinations are already a reduced volume to stretch out supplies... but how far can the second jab be pushed back?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am also concerned wrt people's second vaccine if they are unable to fulfil the first vaccine appointments. With the Sinovax isn't the window 2-4 weeks? The benefit from a single vaccination has been shown to be quite poor, and the booster is needed to get the best protection. I believe the vaccinations are already a reduced volume to stretch out supplies... but how far can the second jab be pushed back?

I am concerned as well--especially since I just got my first jab of Sinovac yesterday in Pattaya.  My second jab is scheduled for July 5th, so at the latter part of the window.   I was originally suppose to get AZ tomorrow but was told by the hospital they had none left and I was offered Sinovac instead.

• Like 1

Thailand could get back to pre-covid levels sometime in the next 5-25 years.

Interesting that Laos already has double the population % of fully vaccinated citizens. The magic of Covax and humility.

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1