Are foreign residents panicking about the delay in vaccinations

jippytum

There's no sense at all in panicking. 

I have a so-called "confirmed" appointment for AZ for next week.  I'll call a couple of days before the appointment date, but I'm assuming it will have been cancelled/postponed.  It won't come as any sort of surprise. 

Regardless of registrations and appointments, given the outright mendacity and incompetence of those in charge, I suspect I won't get a first injection before August or so, despite high risk due to age.

• Haha 1

Most foreigners that are retirement visa‘s retirement extensions are over 60 you think this government would want to take care of us about getting the vaccine but I understand how Thailand takes care of retired foreigners here no surprise will be like The last to receive the vaccination understanding this there is no stress I think I have an appointment in October to receive my vaccination if I’m lucky and having to pay 3800 what a great deal TIT

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

OP makes some good points. I object to the use of "total mismanagement." Let's not forget that Thailand didn't have 100 deaths until a couple of months ago. They have done some things right, and deserve a lot of criticism, especially for the vaccine roll-out. 

• Haha 2

On 6/15/2021 at 6:22 AM, Crossy said:

Panic? Me?

Not in the least, I've had my first Az jab on Saturday, but even before that I wasn't overly worried.

I don't do crowds so the busy places are off limits even in normal times, pubs and restaurants shut, working from home mostly, venture out to makro every couple of weeks (Madam goes to one of the food delivery trucks most days). My chances of catching the bug are minimal.

How and where did you get your jab? Certainly no appointments available in Phuket, neither government nor private.

No hurry.  Need the right vaccine for international travel—and unfortunately they haven’t arrived yet.  But the longer we wait—the more data comes forth.  These vaccines haven’t been out very long, and no one knows long term effects.

• Like 1

No appointment needed ,no app to book on needed, just showed up at the Amphur office when announced on the loudspeaker and showed my passport, filled out the form and was given a vaccination, will receive my second dose in 4 weeks.

• Haha 1