Non-O visa based on marriage?

Can anyone please confirm I currently keep 400 k in a Thai bank account to meet the requirement of my visa, However I will get social security soon from the Usa and I will meet the requirement of 40,000 Thai baht per month so I wont have to keep the 400 k in a Thai bank account any longer. So my question is how do I prove to Immigration that I now qualify for social security and meet the 40,000 Thai baht per month requirement? Is it just a bank statement that shows the social security deposits or can it be an affidavit from the Usa embassy? 

Thank you

The US embassy does not do income affidavit anymore. That ended in 2018.

You have to prove 12 months of transfers from abroad into a Thai bank account. If your transfers are marked as foreign transfers you will need a 12 month bank statement and copies of your bank book to prove the amount.

If not shown as foreign transfers you would need credit advices for every transfer,

Your not applying for or extending your Non O Visa.

Your extending your permission of stay (a permit, not a Visa) from the 90 days granted from your original Non O Visa, which expired a long time ago.

To meet the financial requirements for an extension based on marriage using the 40K per month income method, you must prove monthly overseas International transfers into a Thai bank account in your sole name.

As you already have an existing extension, to switch from the 400K funds in the bank, to the 40K income method you must provide evidence of 12 x 40K monthly overseas transfers on the date of application.

Using the 400K funds in a Thai bank you do not have to leave those funds in the bank all year. Once your extension has been granted you can withdraw and use the full amount. You only need the 400K in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the date of application.

The US Embassy no longer issue affidavits supporting the Income method.

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your not applying for or extending your Non O Visa.

Your extending your permission of stay (a permit, not a Visa) from the 90 days granted from your original Non O Visa, which expired a long time ago.

To meet the financial requirements for an extension based on marriage using the 40K per month income method, you must prove monthly overseas International transfers into a Thai bank account in your sole name.

As you already have an existing extension, to switch from the 400K funds in the bank, to the 40K income method you must provide evidence of 12 x 40K monthly overseas transfers on the date of application.

Using the 400K funds in a Thai bank you do not have to leave those funds in the bank all year. Once your extension has been granted you can withdraw and use the full amount. You only need the 400K in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the date of application.

The US Embassy no longer issue affidavits supporting the Income method.

So in theory could I just send the 400 k thai baht bank account to a usa bank account then start transferring 40,000 k thai baht per month for 12 months and show the bank statements of the transfers even if there not from social security yet? when applying for the extension? In addition does it matter if the social security checks are direct deposit into a Thai bank account do I still need 12 months of proof of 40,000k thai baht per month from the bank statements as proof at time of re applying for another extension?  

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The US embassy does not do income affidavit anymore. That ended in 2018.

You have to prove 12 months of transfers from abroad into a Thai bank account. If your transfers are marked as foreign transfers you will need a 12 month bank statement and copies of your bank book to prove the amount.

If not shown as foreign transfers you would need credit advices for every transfer,

Can you please clarify what credit advices are? And does it make a difference if I just have the monthly social security payments just direct deposit right into my Thai bank account instead of going into my usa bank account and me doing the transfers monthly myself? Thank you

7 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Can you please clarify what credit advices are? And does it make a difference if I just have the monthly social security payments just direct deposit right into my Thai bank account instead of going into my usa bank account and me doing the transfers monthly myself? Thank you

A credit advise shows where funds were sent from and by what bank. You can request them at the bank.

If using international direct deposits (IDP) from the SSA a to a Thai bank the will be sent in baht and the are cleared at Bangkok of Thailand before they sent to your bank by them. It can be difficult to get the international transfer proof.

If you set up a direct deposit account with Bangkok Bank the are sent by the SSA to the their New York branch and then credited to you account as foreign transfers (FFT code in your bank book). Info is here on the bank website.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A credit advise shows where funds were sent from and by what bank. You can request them at the bank.

If using international direct deposits (IDP) from the SSA a to a Thai bank the will be sent in baht and the are cleared at Bangkok of Thailand before they sent to your bank by them. It can be difficult to get the international transfer proof.

If you set up a direct deposit account with Bangkok Bank the are sent by the SSA to the their New York branch and then credited to you account as foreign transfers (FFT code in your bank book). Info is here on the bank website.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It would help if you could state which Thai bank your with?

What is your extension renewal date?

What month will you start to receive your SS payments?

I have Krungthai and Bangkok Bank 

Renew every August

SS payments will start 01/2022

39 minutes ago, raptorea said:

I have Krungthai and Bangkok Bank 

Renew every August

SS payments will start 01/2022

Thanks.

Use your Bangkok Bank for overseas transfers as per the method UJ suggested (probably easier to set up) or Wise (ex Transferwise).

This year you'll have to use the 400K in the bank method. 

Assuming you apply for the extension the month before the due date (July) then to be on the safe side you should start transferring the 40K from next month (July) to ensure you have proof of 12 x overseas transfers when you apply in July 2022.

As to whether you transfer the 400K back to the US after obtaining your extension, is entirely up to you. Occasionally Immigration request proof of the source of income, i.e. Pension. If your SS pension doesn't start until Jan 2022 and they notice, then the question may arise where the transfers from July to Dec 2021 came from.

Edited by Tanoshi

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Thanks.

Use your Bangkok Bank for overseas transfers as per the method UJ suggested (probably easier to set up) or Wise (ex Transferwise).

This year you'll have to use the 400K in the bank method. 

Assuming you apply for the extension the month before the due date (July) then to be on the safe side you should start transferring the 40K from next month (July) to ensure you have proof of 12 x overseas transfers when you apply in June 2022.

As to whether you transfer the 400K back to the US after obtaining your extension, is entirely up to you. Occasionally Immigration request proof of the source of income, i.e. Pension. If your SS pension doesn't start until Jan 2022 and they notice, then the question may arise where the transfers from July to Dec 2021 came from.

Great Thank you to you and UJ as well.

I don't follow the forum regularly so sometime I missed some topics. 

For the fist marriage extension which I have, the 400k was seasoned 2 months prior to the application. What about the second and there after, is it the same 2 months or 3 months?

Thanks

Just now, Ubonquest said:

I don't follow the forum regularly so sometime I missed some topics. 

For the fist marriage extension which I have, the 400k was seasoned 2 months prior to the application. What about the second and there after, is it the same 2 months or 3 months?

Thanks

2 months each and every time.

1 minute ago, Ubonquest said:

It is 2 months for every extension of stay application based upon marriage.